Concern for the Queen’s health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
As I've never been around during the death of a monarch before, I can't help being astonished how quickly the handover has been done. I haven't even fully digested the death of the queen and there's now an instant replacement. It feels indecently quick. I think I must have expected some kind of interregnum.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Yeah. Those poor bastards who would have been forced to watch football, sport or have leisure time, and been forcibly prevented from performative, insincere, sycophantic sackcloth-and ashes grovelling and wailing.

But some of those who would have been playing sports, leisure…..may well have preferred to be mourning their monarch instead, rather than run around a field kicking a bag of air. Sometimes in life, there are things more important.

I have loved sport all my life, playing it for fun and competitively, but even i can sit here and think, some things are more important and understand why some activities have been postponed.

There are some on here, that only ever come here to moan and cry about other peoples decisions, because they didnt do what they wanted them to do and want to blame them for everything. Sometimes its best to keep that to yourselves and allow others to do what they think is best. We cant always keep calm and carry on.

I’m not a royalist i have never met any of the royal family, have never been to Buckingham Palace or Windsor castle and have only ever been to london, once in my lifetime. But even understand, that sometimes there are things in this world more important than my own feelings and wishes.

R.I.P Ma’am and thank you for your service.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As I've never been around during the death of a monarch before, I can't help being astonished how quickly the handover has been done. I haven't even fully digested the death of the queen and there's now an instant replacement. It feels indecently quick. I think I must have expected some kind of interregnum.

Yes, true. I was around for the death of the late Queen’s father, but, I was only 5, or thereabouts, and didn’t follow events closely ;)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This shutting down of sports stuff is absolute f*cking nonsense. Minutes silence, black armband would be enough.

I'm mostly hacked off about the cricket, yesterday was a washout, today was cancelled and they can't add an extra day on because South Africa fly home on Tuesday. I suppose most Tests have been roughly 3 day affairs anyway, but still.

People bang on about virtue signalling lefties on here all the time. If this isn't peak virtue signalling, I don't know what is.

Salty seadog

But some of those who would have been playing sports, leisure…..may well have preferred to be mourning their monarch instead, rather than run around a field kicking a bag of air. Sometimes in life, there are things more important.

So let the choice be theirs then.

Interestingly we are not having our labour forcibly removed even for the day of the funeral. Just the stuff we might enjoy doing instead. That sums this country up neatly.

And the wall to wall barrage of this one single topic on the media outlets, even those who have multiple outlets are churning it out on them all.

Anyone for foie gras?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...queen-irrelevant-and-offensive-20220909225598

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
This shutting down of sports stuff is absolute f*cking nonsense. Minutes silence, black armband would be enough.

I'm mostly hacked off about the cricket, yesterday was a washout, today was cancelled and they can't add an extra day on because South Africa fly home on Tuesday. I suppose most Tests have been roughly 3 day affairs anyway, but still.

People bang on about virtue signalling lefties on here all the time. If this isn't peak virtue signalling, I don't know what is.

I'm only a handful of miles from the Oval and there would have been very little play today. One session missed at the most.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm only a handful of miles from the Oval and there would have been very little play today. One session missed at the most.

Not disputing that, but at least it would have been something.

The football at the weekend will be more of an issue, affects smaller clubs who rely on match day revenue, local businesses, away fans who've made travel/accommodation plans... It's an absolute farce.

If this was another country we'd be laughing at them.

Salty seadog

Not disputing that, but at least it would have been something.

The football at the weekend will be more of an issue, affects smaller clubs who rely on match day revenue, local businesses, away fans who've made travel/accommodation plans... It's an absolute farce.

If this was another country we'd be laughing at them.

Nothing wrong with a self deprecation chortle.

Top Bottom