Concern for the Queen’s health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

It looks as if Great North Run (scheduled for Sunday 11th Sept 2022) may be cancelled. They have already cancelled the Great North 5k, and 5k Road Championships both scheduled for today 9th September 2022.

IMHO, the mind boggles, what good will it do, to cancel these events, at massive cost no doubt, plus the loss of income to various charities? Plus the inconvenience and disappointment to the 60,000 participants

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm up and dressed, the 7yo's off to school, the 3yo's off to kindergarten and then I'll be at work all day. Is that massively disrespectful? Maybe we should all be staying in bed all day.

The King's going to work and he's just lost his mother...

D

Deleted member 49

It looks as if Great North Run (scheduled for Sunday 11th Sept 2022) may be cancelled. They have already cancelled the Great North 5k, and 5k Road Championships both scheduled for today 9th September 2022.

IMHO, the mind boggles, what good will it do, to cancel these events, at massive cost no doubt, plus the loss of income to various charities? Plus the inconvenience and disappointment to the 60,000 participants
Shortage of police ? Also use them as motos during the race.
This decision has been taken in consultation with stakeholders and partners in light of operational circumstances, including the understandable reassignment of police resource at this time.

BoldonLad

Shortage of police ? Also use them as motos during the race.
This decision has been taken in consultation with stakeholders and partners in light of operational circumstances, including the understandable reassignment of police resource at this time.

.It takes place starting from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, which, contrary to popular belief, is not in Scotland.

I can understand the possible need for an increased Police presence in Balmoral area, but, redeployment in Newcastle Area, why?

It is madness.

I am not actually a fan of GNR (although daughter No 4 runs it it each year), it causes major travel disruption in the area with metros full, roads closed, increased litter levels etc etc... but,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

.It takes place starting from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, which, contrary to popular belief, is not in Scotland.

I can understand the possible need for an increased Police presence in Balmoral area, but, redeployment in Newcastle Area, why?

It is madness.
Agreed,don't ask me ! No disrespect to the Queen but if you'd have booked a trip with travel,hotels and time off work you'd be pissed off !
Are all sporting events cancelled ?

BoldonLad

Agreed,don't ask me ! No disrespect to the Queen but if you'd have booked a trip with travel,hotels and time off work you'd be pissed off !

Don't know, I am not a sports fan, only knew about GNR because daughter No4 told me.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

Man Utd fans wished they were....lol

That’s not unusual for a funeral in Ghana.

A few years ago, I was in a minibus driving north from Accra when we encountered the most lively and exuberant funeral procession I’d ever seen. It was a party where the deceased was guest of honour, in a brightly coloured casket, being carried on the shoulders of dancing pall-bearers.

A proper send off!

I think that’s where the New Orleans funeral processions stem from. Quite a send off.

I’m after a viking longboat funeral. 😎

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
I was in the process of booking some hotels for people coming over to London.
Yesterday the quote was £5k. Today it’s £9k. As all hotel rooms in London have been snapped up.
Should have booked it yesterday!
Oh well, work are paying!

It is madness.

I am not actually a fan of GNR (although daughter No 4 runs it it each year), it causes major travel disruption in the area with metros full, roads closed, increased litter levels etc etc... but,

I think London may be part of the policing issue with officers redeployed.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I was in the process of booking some hotels for people coming over to London.
Yesterday the quote was £5k. Today it’s £9k. As all hotel rooms in London have been snapped up.
Should have booked it yesterday!
Oh well, work are paying!

how many hotels and rooms were you booking??? 5k....sheesh

Top Bottom