Cricket Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

I am not a cricket fan, so, had not realised that Cricket was actually played in Scotland, but, it certainly appears to have come to the fore, for all the wrong reasons. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62290554

I see the entire Board has resigned now.

The board resigned yesterday I think, just before the publication of the report today. We always hear about racism in football however this is fans abusing players. In cricket it is players and coaches committing the abuse and the clubs not acting on it despite being fully aware.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I am not a cricket fan, so, had not realised that Cricket was actually played in Scotland, but, it certainly appears to have come to the fore, for all the wrong reasons.
I've lived in Scotland for 34 years & was barely aware cricket was played here.

This story was headline news on LBC within the last hour. The cynic in me wondered if there was a motivation for giving prominence to a 'racism in Scotland' story that wasn't entirely related to its newsworthiness.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

This story was headline news on LBC within the last hour. The cynic in me wondered if there was a motivation for giving prominence to a 'racism in Scotland' story that wasn't entirely related to its newsworthiness.

Really? Scott Hastings played, so did Andy Goram. Although I suppose it says a lot when rugby and football players can have a shot in our national side... Though we've been at World Cups and whatnot. I mean, we're rubbish (which is why I support/follow England) but still, we exist!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
didnt scotland play in the cricket world cup?? so the highest standard there is in the game

1658753081711.png

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

I know that BBC Scotland takes every opportunity to paint the country in a bad light but this is something for the Scottish cricket authority to be ashamed of. Racism is still present and has to be tackled in the open and discussed. Definitely newsworthy.

jowwy

so the whole cricket board resigning due to racism isnt newsworthy??

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Yes, well, I don't live in Scotland, but, I did wonder similar. Scotland/Cricket, not exactly natural bedfellows, in my mind at least. I was surprised it became National News so rapidly.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Regular
It is shameful but I’m more inclined to think that cricket right across the board has an issue no ? Yorkshire cricket was the last one I recall ? Wonder if any other regional orgs are now having a wee inward look ?!!

Bazzer

didnt scotland play in the cricket world cup?? so the highest standard there is in the game

View attachment 1763
Without wishing to decry the achievement of the team, but the 2015 competition included those other hot beds of cricket, the UAE and Afghanistan.
They will certainly play cricket to a far higher level than I could ever achieve and probably higher than most on here, but some perspective may be necessary.

jowwy

Without wishing to decry the achievement of the team, but the 2015 competition included those other hot beds of cricket, the UAE and Afghanistan.
They will certainly play cricket to a far higher level than I could ever achieve and probably higher than most on here, but some perspective may be necessary.

what about the other 2 world cups and T20s.......wasnt just once

Top Bottom