Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Nice is a bag of crisps and pot of Hummus...not a word I'd associate with Heroin.

Assuming it's much the same buzz as from hospital-supplied opiates (for pain relief), IMO it is VERY nice.
(I hate needles though ... so that might be the final straw to stopping me taking legal heroin. I honestly don't know!)

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Injecting isn't the only route for administering heroin, for heaven's sake.

What is it to which we actually object with drug use?

personally, because it can destroy lives of both the user and the anyone close to them. I have seen it first hand, a friend used to deal weed and every time I was there I would have to listen to customers talk about nothing else except drugs. They were always falling out with other friends and family, always over money or drugs. This lads girlfriend is a user and not long ago smashed up her third council flat; she's now banned from the local coop for stealing, but still goes in and steals, because the police say there's nothing they can do because she always wears a hoodie and they can't prove it's her.

But this actually is a good reason to have decriminalisation; if it was cheaper, easier and safer to get and take it, then maybe they wouldn't have to steal. But I also think if someone has problems, giving them a fix might not be enough. The whole sorry state of addiction is that sometimes you can never get enough. It's at this point I'd worry what would then happen, if they'd had their "legal" quota for the day, would they just go out and beg/steal/sell their body to get more illegally?

"because it can destroy lives of both the user and the anyone close to them". But I suppose those close to drug users might not have a problem if it was done safely. We tend to assume that drug addicts will end up dead and they're wrecking their life, but who knows, perhaps in a safe and controlled environment they might not. Probably trials need to be done on a small and impeccably managed scale to see what the results are and if it could work on the wider population?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
personally, because it can destroy lives of both the user and the anyone close to them. I have seen it first hand, a friend used to deal weed and every time I was there I would have to listen to customers talk about nothing else except drugs. They were always falling out with other friends and family, always over money or drugs. This lads girlfriend is a user and not long ago smashed up her third council flat; she's now banned from the local coop for stealing, but still goes in and steals, because the police say there's nothing they can do because she always wears a hoodie and they can't prove it's her.

But this actually is a good reason to have decriminalisation; if it was cheaper, easier and safer to get and take it, then maybe they wouldn't have to steal. But I also think if someone has problems, giving them a fix might not be enough. The whole sorry state of addiction is that sometimes you can never get enough. It's at this point I'd worry what would then happen, if they'd had their "legal" quota for the day, would they just go out and beg/steal/sell their body to get more illegally?

"because it can destroy lives of both the user and the anyone close to them". But I suppose those close to drug users might not have a problem if it was done safely. We tend to assume that drug addicts will end up dead and they're wrecking their life, but who knows, perhaps in a safe and controlled environment they might not. Probably trials need to be done on a small and impeccably managed scale to see what the results are and if it could work on the wider population?

I too have some personal experience of. a "druggy" in the family.

I think legalisation and regulation would be a good idea. But, I believe the benefits would be for the rest of us, ie, less crime, less cost of housing offenders. I don't think the addicts lives would be significantly improved. We already have two legal drugs (alcohol and tobacco, actually, three, if we include Gambling), which cause significant harm to addicts and those around them, I don't really see that adding more possiblities will improve the situation.

As someone (@Adam4868 ?) has already said, the "war on drugs" is already lost, therefore, time to limit the damage, and, shift the income, from the criminals to HMRC, IMHO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Assuming it's much the same buzz as from hospital-supplied opiates (for pain relief), IMO it is VERY nice.
(I hate needles though ... so that might be the final straw to stopping me taking legal heroin. I honestly don't know!)
From personal experience a bit like most things it starts off nice...then it's a downwards spiral.

Ian H

Guru
Several members, past & present, of the current government appear to be recreational users. I hesitate to comment on how that might affect their decision-making skills, though Kwarteng was alleged to be one of them.

Top Bottom