Cycling and walking investment strategy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
<quick google ...>

the Department for Transport’s (DfT) own analysis, which says that active travel investments have a “very high” expected benefit-to-cost ratio of £5.62 per £1 spent.

D

Deleted member 28

Surely you realise this bloke is an utter c*nt!

The to$$er is riding on the footpath going the opposite way looking out for people.

Anyone who says this pri*k isn't going out of his way to make a name for himself is deluded, he'll get his comeuppance one day but he does choose his targets carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian H

Guru

The to$$er is riding on the footpath going the opposite way looking out for people.

Anyone who says this pri*k isn't going out of his way to make a name for himself is deluded, he'll get his comeuppance one day but he does choose his targets carefully.

Mikey's actually quite a nice bloke. His father was killed by a drunk driver.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Yes. He's careful to choose those who are breaking the law.

In what other way do you consider he chose this "target" carefully?

multitool

Shaman

I used to think that too.

But actually now I respect him because he puts his money where his mouth is. He's decided he wants to actively do something about road safety and he is. He doesn't give a fụck, and doesn't give in to bullies. I'm not sure he'd particularly care if somebody did get physical. Yes, he has that supercilious southern African tone, but that's part of it.

I, like you I suspect, have a natural dislike of people who decide to play the policeman, but when you consider that the roads, especially urban, are effectively unpoliced I think it is fair enough to do this.

I ride a lot, and these days use DRLights front and back because I see so many drivers looking at phones.

D

Deleted member 28

I used to think that too.

But actually now I respect him because he puts his money where his mouth is. He's decided he wants to actively do something about road safety and he is. He doesn't give a fụck, and doesn't give in to bullies. I'm not sure he'd particularly care if somebody did get physical. Yes, he has that supercilious southern African tone, but that's part of it.

I, like you I suspect, have a natural dislike of people who decide to play the policeman, but when you consider that the roads, especially urban, are effectively unpoliced I think it is fair enough to do this.

I ride a lot, and these days use DRLights front and back because I see so many drivers looking at phones.

He hides behind a camera, anyone can do that.

I'm yet to see him pick on a 'yardie' type driver or one of the 'traveller ' Community that are impossible to trace, the blokes a weasel in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

multitool

Shaman
I don't think he is hiding. He's right there in front of them in the full knowledge that he may be attacked.

Would you have the balls to do what he does?

D

Deleted member 28

I don't think he is hiding. He's right there in front of them in the full knowledge that he may be attacked.

Would you have the balls to do what he does?

He's filming them all the time so knows he's pretty safe, plus as I've already said he chooses his 'prey ' very carefully.

D

Deleted member 28

Would you do it?

Obviously not because I think he's a c*nt!

If you're asking 'have I got the balls' to do it, then yes.

Where I grew up issues were sorted in a proper manner not hiding behind cameras.

mudsticks

Squire
Obviously not because I think he's a c*nt!

If you're asking 'have I got the balls' to do it, then yes.

Where I grew up issues were sorted in a proper manner not hiding behind cameras.

When you grew up there were no phone cameras to use, far fewer cars on the road, and proportionately more traffic cops per vehicle.

What's wrong with using a camera to record, and show evidence of what has happened.?

In what way is it 'hiding' he's right there, putting himself on the line.

You're just displaying a juvenile playground attitude of 'no snitching' when people are using large lumps of metal to endanger other peoples lives.

Just because you find the guy a bit annoying.

Top Bottom