Cycling and walking investment strategy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I used to think that too.

But actually now I respect him because he puts his money where his mouth is. He's decided he wants to actively do something about road safety and he is. He doesn't give a fụck, and doesn't give in to bullies. I'm not sure he'd particularly care if somebody did get physical. Yes, he has that supercilious southern African tone, but that's part of it.

I, like you I suspect, have a natural dislike of people who decide to play the policeman, but when you consider that the roads, especially urban, are effectively unpoliced I think it is fair enough to do this.

I ride a lot, and these days use DRLights front and back because I see so many drivers looking at phones.

? that seems a bit odd, given your posts elsewhere re; the druggies? I don't disagree with you stance re the druggies by the way. just puzzled as to when you feel it is ok to "play the policeman" and, when it is not?

multitool

Shaman
? that seems a bit odd, given your posts elsewhere re; the druggies? I don't disagree with you stance re the druggies by the way. just puzzled as to when you feel it is ok to "play the policeman" and, when it is not?

I don't feel that I am 'playing the policeman' with regard to the junkies. What I an doing is invoking the services available to help with what I regard as an enormous safeguarding issue and frankly appalling oversight by the council.

I don't bear the junkie any malice, I just view him as somebody living a life of chaos for no doubt tragic reasons, but I don't feel I can stand by and do nothing when he is predating on elderly vulnerable people.

Don't worry, I noted your reaction, even if it was by default the lack of one. It was also a useful vehicle to let the forum hyenas expose themselves, which they did manifestly.

Top Bottom