Discussion of Range Rover woman being charged .... as formerly seen on CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Regular
The modding, typically, is a bit muddled.

It appears some news may be allowed if it relates to cycling, so had Range Rover woman clouted a cyclist it would be allowed in advocacy over there, although presumably background to why she did it would still be disallowed.

As I said, muddled thinking.
I agree with you about muddled nodding.

Just for the record, Shaun's pronouncement on the subject said nothing whatever about news, it was about politics, and "personal" (whatever that means) or "party" politics at that.

Hello everyone,

We've had personal political debate on CycleChat for well over a decade but I’ve decided to draw it to a close because it is simply taking far too much management and costing our community too much.

The News and Current Affairs forum will remain open as-is for the the next two weeks, after which I will remove the New Thread button and allow the remaining active threads to carry on for a while, before eventually locking the forum and archiving it.

Thank you to those of you who have been respectful and reasonable in your discussion of politics – it has been very much appreciated.

Politics, as it directly relates to cycling, will still be allowed in the Advocacy and Safety and General Cycling forums, but otherwise I would politely ask that you don’t turn threads elsewhere on CC into personal or party political debates.

Thanks,
Shaun[\quote]

slowmotion

Does anybody know exactly how hard the lady impacted with the zealous eco-warrior/ West Country trustafarian/ swivel-eyed loon? I'm sure it's been bigged-up by the usual suspects but it seems pretty important to the case. If this goes before a jury anywhere near the M25, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were sympathetic to her. Insulate Britain seems to have well and truly lost any goodwill that they might have had, always a danger with people who have absolutely no doubts about their cause. ..... they lose sight of how to behave like reasonable human beings.

Here's The New Statesman from a while back....

https://www.newstatesman.com/commen...nger-of-elevating-the-cause-above-human-lives

slowmotion

Only one of them used a weapon capable of causing injury as far as I can see.
But it didn't, did it? Probably less than that caused to another zealot who was dragged across the tarmac on her bum by somebody else in another of their heroic crusades.

Last edited:
But it didn't, did it?
There was no obvious serious injury, I agree, but I think that misses the point. To use a cycling illustration, dangerously close passes should be prosecuted even if no contact is made.

Probably less than that caused to another zealot who was dragged across the tarmac on her bum by somebody else in another of their heroic crusades.
I consider that to be an assault too.

Beebo

Veteran
I think she was making a forceful protest against another protester who was making a forceful protest.
It does really work like that though.
one was a premeditated peaceful protest.
The other was a spur of the moment angry protest when caught up in the disruption.

slowmotion

It does really work like that though.
one was a premeditated peaceful protest.
The other was a spur of the moment angry protest when caught up in the disruption.
So what? Was the LandRover lady supposed to become a Buddhist monk and return to the wheel of her "Lethal Weapon" in orange robes before getting pissed off with a few twats blocking the road?

Beebo

Veteran
So what? Was the LandRover lady supposed to become a Buddhist monk and return to the wheel of her "Lethal Weapon" in orange robes before getting pissed off with a few twats blocking the road?
It’s an interesting question. If they were Nazi racists blocking the road then I’m sure we would all be on her side.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Watching the video, the woman used her enormous fatmobile to push the protester about a metre down the road in a series of hard shoves. Due to the vastness of her ridiculous car, there is no possible way she could actually see the woman while doing this - and in fact no way she could know if the woman had actually gone underneath the vehicle.

If that didn't constitute assault, then we as cyclists would have every reason to be f*cking terrified.

Top Bottom