Discussion of Range Rover woman being charged .... as formerly seen on CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
How about sending that same advice to the person blocking the road? You don't have to be a genius to realise that Insulate Britain is long past its sell by date.

Eh? You do realise that we are in the midst of a climate crisis and soon you could be swimming rather than cycling?

slowmotion

Watching the video, the woman used her enormous fatmobile to push the protester about a metre down the road in a series of hard shoves. Due to the vastness of her ridiculous car, there is no possible way she could actually see the woman while doing this - and in fact no way she could know if the woman had actually gone underneath the vehicle.

If that didn't constitute assault, then we as cyclists would have every reason to be f*cking terrified.
I think that you might be projecting a number of your obvious enthusiasms. Cyclists were not involved and nobody went under anybody's wheels . Please try and calm down.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Both women were pushing their beliefs beyond the law.

The Range Rover woman is bound to bleat that if she is charged, so should the protester.

The cops said the protester is under investigation.

A charge of obstruction looks fair for her - I don't think the High Court injunction covering all roads was in force at that time.

As regards where Range Rover woman will be dealt with, common assault is summary only, but dangerous driving is either way, so could go before a jury at crown court.

It's unlikely the magistrates will commit the case to crown court because the dangerous driving offence is relatively weedy.

However, her defence team might think she has a better chance of acquittal for dangerous driving by a jury, so she may well be advised to elect a jury trial.

That's a balancing act, easy for people on here to say juries are very car-centric, but on t'other hand I suspect many of us have become more concerned about excessive car use/ the environment.

Extinction rebellion punters and those sympathetic to their aims are not excluded from jury service.

The video does the woman no favours since she comes across as gobby and generally unpleasant - hardly likely to go down well with with a jury.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I think that you might be projecting a number of your obvious enthusiasms. Cyclists were not involved and nobody went under anybody's wheels . Please try and calm down.
Calm down? You do know this is NACA, don't you?

I'm actually massively relieved this incident didnt establish a precedent that it's entirely acceptable for an enraged car driver to use their vehicle for the purpose of barging aside other people who happen to irritate them. This being the case, I'm presently zen as f*ck. 🙂

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I feel 4z4 are getting bad press here :laugh:
Oh no.

matticus

Guru
Haven't read the piece, and, not supporting the actions of "Land Rover woman", but, it is said "one man's freedom fighter, is another man's terrorist". Depends if you agree with the "cause" I suppose. I did wonder how long it would be before someone used the "terrorist/protester" phrase. I was expecting it from more right learning source. Wrong again, must try harder ;)
PLease explain. Which of the women (or both) would you label thusly?

She drove her Range Rover at a person stationery on the carriageway after getting out and clearly seeing there were people in front of her vehicle. There were also people nearby yelling at her to stop. The Insulate Britain protestor could have been seriously injured or killed.

She started a business selling merchandise celebrating her actions and took to social media to boast and brag about her actions while welcoming plaudits from her followers.

It doesn't matter if the person she put in danger was a Insulate Britain protestor or a neo nazi racist blocking the carriageway. She has been charged, quite correctly looking at the evidence, with dangerous driving and will have her day in front of the magistrates.

I'm not sure why Slow Mo is making her out to be some sort of hero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom