Does anybody here take the Greens seriously?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
It's how the Green Party structure works but it's unfortunate timing that the by election and conference are close together.

Only if back-biting replaces debate?
If the Green party don't propose genuine alternatives to mindless growth then the structure is questionable.
 

Psamathe

Squire
I think his bigger problem might be the proposals that could be put forward by members at the GP conference. If these are a bit let's say unusual he might find they undermine his efforts to be taken seriously. It's how the Green Party structure works but it's unfortunate timing that the by election and conference are close together.
I strongly suspect that's why Polanski tried to slip the Green Party Conference. But "the Party" refused to move it to after voting.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...postpone-greens-conference-byelection-refused
 

monkers

Pharaoh
He's trying to deflect criticism of being a parachuted in candidate.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. It's more a case of you parachuting in allegations without facts. It is always the case with the Green Party that all parliamentary candidates are selected by the local party, not by GPEW, and so it was with Polanski.
 
Last edited:

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Why does he provide such easy ammunition to his opponents?

1790080655431.png
 

monkers

Pharaoh
Why does he provide such easy ammunition to his opponents?

View attachment 17402

Polanski lying v people lying about Polanski?

In his own words:

"20 years ago when I first moved to London, Camden Town became my home."

"I know the community well and love it. The constituency represents many things that make London special... [It] has potential and everything that's the best of the country."

Polanksi, speaking at a candidate launch event, said: “I am proud and honoured to have been selected for a byelection in the constituency where I have lived and worked for much of the past 20 years.

These quotes do not say ''I currently live in Camden or the constituency''.

It's much like the fib told earlier on NCAP that he has to defend against being parachuted in. He wasn't and has no need to defend something that didn't happen. He put his name forward to the local party group in the usual way, there was a Hustings, there were other candidates. He won the selection under Green Party rules.
 
Top Bottom