Donald I, emperor of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I looked it up a few months back and got 0.3% but I think that included their coast guard.

Aye, I thought they paid essentially nowt due to their strategic significance or something along those lines.
 

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
I had a dear friend whose creative nouse survived naval college (not unusual) and who maintained that proximity to the ocean correlated highly with civilised enlightenment. It is conceivable that many Icelanders are boat-savvy, %ages notwithstanding.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Apparently there is no evidence of this and he was interviewed a number of times in the immediate aftermath as he was a big NY property tycoon. None of the interviews were any where near ground zero.
The White House have been asked to corroborate the story.

See the John Hurt Caligula video - the similarities really are getting uncanny.
 

Pblakeney

Shaman
What happens when Trump names everything 'Trump'. We'll have to add other nouns like 'Ontario' and 'Mexico' or 'Kennedy' to differentiate.

There is a Canadian parody video where a guy wakes up and everything is called “America”. Mix in some “Trump”s and I think we have Donnie’s utopia.
 

Pross

Guru
What happens when Trump names everything 'Trump'. We'll have to add other nouns like 'Ontario' and 'Mexico' or 'Kennedy' to differentiate.

We probably need to blame cycling for this, the sport should have led the way by stamping on him naming a bike race after himself. If the Tour de Trump was literal it would have increased in distance considerably by now.
 
See the John Hurt Caligula video - the similarities really are getting uncanny.

It's dementia, is my guess. He doesn't know what he remembers and what he's simply watched on TV.

My dad started conflating what his own dad told him about war time in Manchester with his own memories some time ago. He was convinced he could remember when they built a bomb shelter in the garden, but he was only 4 1/2 when the war ended so its almoast certainly something he was told.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
It's dementia, is my guess. He doesn't know what he remembers and what he's simply watched on TV.

My dad started conflating what his own dad told him about war time in Manchester with his own memories some time ago. He was convinced he could remember when they built a bomb shelter in the garden, but he was only 4 1/2 when the war ended so its almoast certainly something he was told.

I think it's called confabulation, but whatevs, it's well documented. It's actually latent (to a degree) in all of us: on each recounting of experiences, our brains tend to make our own role increasingly central in the story. I'm not sure why our brains have evolved that tendency, but that too is well documented.
 

Beebo

Legendary Member
I think it's called confabulation, but whatevs, it's well documented. It's actually latent (to a degree) in all of us: on each recounting of experiences, our brains tend to make our own role increasingly central in the story. I'm not sure why our brains have evolved that tendency, but that too is well documented.

Fair enough, but at the very least the White House could at least be expected to correct the accidental error.
 
I think it's called confabulation, but whatevs, it's well documented. It's actually latent (to a degree) in all of us: on each recounting of experiences, our brains tend to make our own role increasingly central in the story. I'm not sure why our brains have evolved that tendency, but that too is well documented.

It could have an evolutionary benefit - passing on knowledge or summat.

Let's start a "why do we make shīt up" thead.

Let's not.
 
Top Bottom