Eddie Vs The Greens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given the close scrutiny of all potential Labour candidates, be will doubtless be aware.

However, I'm not sure why you'd expect Labour to form any kind of alliance with another party. They have form for rejecting such ideas.

Strangely, Blair and Ashdown did a deal in 1997 where Lib Dems stepped back from a constituency if they had no chance of winning and encouraged their voters to vote for Blair thereby increasing Blair's majority. Just to get rid of the Tories after 18 years in power.

I cannot understand why Herr Starmer won't do that this time round as the UK needs a progressive alliance to get these shysters out and to try and repair that damage done by 14 years of idealogical vandalism.

Ian H

Guru
Strangely, Blair and Ashdown did a deal in 1997 where Lib Dems stepped back from a constituency if they had no chance of winning and encouraged their voters to vote for Blair thereby increasing Blair's majority. Just to get rid of the Tories after 18 years in power.

I cannot understand why Herr Starmer won't do that this time round as the UK needs a progressive alliance to get these shysters out and to try and repair that damage done by 14 years of idealogical vandalism.

There does seem to be an informal arrangement between the two.

multitool

Shaman

Because Labour will win by a landslide anyway.

Also...democracy.

multitool

Shaman
Is this the same 'democracy' that Scottish Labour demonstrated when they did back room deals with the Tories to keep the SNP out of powwr despite the SNP winning the majority of votes and saying, just a few weeks before, that they would do no deals.

That kind of democracy?

That's Scotland.

Top Bottom