Eddie Vs The Greens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably for anything out of the normal.

But I'll let her comment for herself

Maybe best on the other thread. We should probably leave this for a debate about parachuted celebs.

Reactions: C R

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Gender is a social construct, sex is real. Like Astronomy and Astrology. One's concerned with the material reality, the other is a metaphysical and subjective belief. (That's not to say 'gender' has no effects, just that it shouldn't be allowed to override sex in certain situations).

I don't think there is a person on the planet who genuinely thinks Eddie Izzard is a woman or a lesbian but even leaving Labour's current direction of travel on this issue aside, I can't see Labour picking them for the shortlist simply because people are tired of these would-be MP's who move from pillar to post declaring their commitment to whatever constituency they think will have them. No luck? Move on to the next one.

Paul Mason is worse than Izzard in spouting his devotion to Town X, then Y, then Z, based on whatever tenuous connection he can muster, but overall I think it just doesn't wash anymore. At a time when trust of Westminster is at an all time low, people quite rightly want local candidates. Parties need to start rebuilding trust with the public at a local level, because many of us don't trust any of them at party level any more.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Paul Mason is worse than Izzard in spouting his devotion to Town X, then Y, then Z, based on whatever tenuous connection he can muster

He's just had a couple of constituencies' more practice, that's all. But you are quite right - it doesn't wash.

D

Deleted member 49

A blow in... expect nothing more from Labour.Celebrity over any real values.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
...people quite rightly want local candidates. Parties need to start rebuilding trust with the public at a local level, because many of us don't trust any of them at party level any more.

2521.jpg

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
8 months late to the party, Fozy. Corbyn can't stand for Labour (isn't going to be allowed to) so they'll have to field somebody. This could be the Mail just stirring it or it could be there isn't anybody in the local LP willing to stand, which would be understandable given that JC has represented the seat for so long. Let's face it, Mason will stand anywhere given the chance.
I await his announcement that he had a Family Bucket in KFC Islington in 1986 and has felt a close affinity for the constituency ever since.

Top Bottom