Enhanced Britishness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Would appear to be a recipe for flag-waving, Spitfires over the racially pure cliffs, and boiled beef & bigotry - but another thing stood out for me:

.. new plans to legislate to ensure public service broadcasting content is always carried and discoverable to U.K. audiences on connected devices and major online platforms — including smart TVs, set-top boxes and streaming sticks. .

As someone who doen't watch linear broadcast TV any more, no longer has an aerial plugged in & only uses the TV for streaming services, (Netflix, Prime, Youtube etc) recorded media & videogames, I'm technically no longer obligated to pay for a TV license. I've not yet got around to cancelling my compulsory sub to to the Government's propaganda & misinformation service - but I'd expect the implication of this proposed legislation is that users of streaming services will be expected to pay the license fee, whether they want 'public service' programming or not - and of course potentially subject to prosecution if they do not.

As I understand it, more & more people are dropping off the BBC license list and that is almost certainly the ulterior motive for these 'new plans'.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
If you don't want more Britishness, then maybe you want less Britishness? What does less Britishness mean exactly?

Or possibly the same amount of Britishness we have now? What does that mean to you?

Which do you want then? Less, more or the same, then just quickly explain what that means. Then we can have a row about it, but we need your starting point first please. Otherwise it's just more stupid linking to external sites.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Über Member
If you don't want more Britishness, then maybe you want less Britishness? What does less Britishness mean exactly?

Or possibly the same amount of Britishness we have now? What does that mean to you?

Which do you want then? Less, more or the same, then just quickly explain what that means. Then we can have a row about it, but we need your starting point first please. Otherwise it's just more stupid linking to external sites.

Again, you're not reading my posts. I did ask if anyone can explain this to me. In the opening sentence.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Über Member
Ah, I see attacking the poster didn't last long on this new self-moderating forum.

You kind of brought it upon yourself so quit playing the victim.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Under the thread title "Enhanced Britishness" you have asked.......
What does this mean?
More white and English?
Less 'forriners?'
More Government propaganda?
Is the UK Gov taking advice from Xinnie?

Not once did you ask.....
So, how about answering the OP. What is Britishness?

If that was your question, why not just ask that?

If that was your question, why not just ask that?

Wasn't that the thrust of the OP?

Thread title: Enhanced Britishness

Question from OP: Ok. Help me out here. What does this mean?

That was followed by some suggestions. The meaning of the word Enhanced is not likely to be up for debate so the effective question is What is Britishness.

@Craig the cyclist, do you have any suggestions as to what it means.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Wasn't that the thrust of the OP?

Thread title: Enhanced Britishness

Question from OP: Ok. Help me out here. What does this mean?

That was followed by some suggestions. The meaning of the word Enhanced is not likely to be up for debate so the effective question is What is Britishness.

@Craig the cyclist, do you have any suggestions as to what it means.

Why ask 5 questions, then moan when someone doesn't answer the one he didn't ask?!?!?

Top Bottom