FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Anyhow,

I'm sure we're all as bored with this as each other so probably not anything else left to say on the matter.

if you think not wearing a mask everywhere you go 24/7
You're arguing against something I haven't said. I can only conclude that it's another example of your wilful ignorance.

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

You're arguing against something I haven't said. I can only conclude that it's another example of your wilful ignorance.
Go on then, what exactly ARE you saying?

I may have, wrongly, assumed you think we should all wear masks whenever we're in the same space as other people are in case we have Covid?

Or have I got this wrong and you want everyone to do something else?

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I may have, wrongly, assumed you think we should all wear masks whenever we're in the same space as other people are in case we have Covid?

Or have I got this wrong and you want everyone to do something else?
I thought you had nothing else to say on this matter. You’ve probably repeated the same drivel around 40 times on it.

I'm saying that if you are in an enclosed space - public transport, shops and so on - with people outside your normal circle you should be responsible for minimising the chance of spreading the disease. For me that means vaccination, distancing where possible, wearing a mask to keep my droplets mostly to myself, and testing periodically, especially before meeting new or vulnerable people.

Like my colleagues I worked throughout, although my job allowed me to do more at home during the peaks. I also chose to shift my days or hours to reduce contact when I had to go into the office. I accept that many didn't have that same freedom, but that is why testing and use of NPIs was and is important.

None of that is or was particularly onerous, nor does it impinge on my freedom. It's just common decency as I see it.

D

Deleted member 28

I thought you had nothing else to say on this matter. You’ve probably repeated the same drivel around 40 times on it.
Sorry, have you got anything to add?

Drivel because you don't like what I have to say yet you probably don't want an 'echo chamber' either, or do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

I'm saying that if you are in an enclosed space - public transport, shops and so on - with people outside your normal circle you should be responsible for minimising the chance of spreading the disease. For me that means vaccination, distancing where possible, wearing a mask to keep my droplets mostly to myself, and testing periodically, especially before meeting new or vulnerable people.
So wearing a mask whenever you are near strangers in enclosed spaces then, like I said.

D

Deleted member 28

Probably as much as you. Which may indeed be nothing.

Repeating the same old line 40 times is not exactly adding anything.
I'm sorry, didn't realise when someone repeats something you agree with it's worthwhile but not when it isn't.

Wait a minute, of course I did I did I did I did.:laugh:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'm sorry, didn't realise when someone repeats something you agree with it's worthwhile but not when it isn't.

Wait a minute, of course I did I did I did I did.:laugh:
Other people at least try to explain the reasoning behind their views.

Your posts consist of saying "I'll do what I want because I can".

With freedom comes responsibility, and while others believe that they are acting responsibly wrt others' wellbeing you clearly don't give a toss as long as you are ok.

I happen to believe the pace of cutting the restrictions is just about right but I can understand the concerns of those who think it is too quick, especially as Johnson says he is ceasing the restrictions but relying on people acting responsibly. Can you see the flaw in that argument?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

You said "24/7". Not being a mind reader I can only attempt to divine your meaning from what you actually type.
If surrounded by strangers indoors then I assume you would expect this?

Top Bottom