FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

They ought to rename this thread the "I'm alright Jack" thread.
You need to take a look around, I don't see much evidence of mass mask wearing on my daily travels.

You'll find you're in a minority if you think people are wearing them in pubs, clubs, restaurants, events etc so there seems to be an awful lot of 'Jacks' about.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulB

Unless it's mandatory, it's useless. The very people who do wear masks aren't doing it for themselves even when they think it is for their protection. I'm at a football match tonight with over 54,000 others and even from the first day back after lockdown, fewer that 10% wore masks. Everyone had a mask with them but once it was seen nobody was bothering, the masks were discarded.

While people make their own decisions and weigh up their own risks, what is of concern to me are the disabled supporters who'll be there. Apart from an entrance just for them and their helpers, once inside, there is no special treatment for them, just their allocated spaces at the front of the Main Stand and the one I stand in. In the concourse underneath the seats, they have no choice but to mingle with everyone else. I'm assuming some if not all of these disabled supporters will be in the vulnerable category so are in need of extra protection - which they will not get.

What should have happened is that when even the limited numbers allowed in (5,000 or fewer) had to wear masks, it would have been easy to expand that and get the message across once we were all allowed back in again but this measure wasn't taken.

Because you were saying people would get sick pay or benefit and not be at risk of poverty.

I'm pointing out that £75/week is insufficient to keep an adult fed, warm and adequately clothed. Neither is £95.

If you want to convince us you're debating and not just trolling by asking questions then at least be consistent.

D

Deleted member 28

Unless it's mandatory, it's useless. The very people who do wear masks aren't doing it for themselves even when they think it is for their protection. I'm at a football match tonight with over 54,000 others and even from the first day back after lockdown, fewer that 10% wore masks. Everyone had a mask with them but once it was seen nobody was bothering, the masks were discarded.

While people make their own decisions and weigh up their own risks, what is of concern to me are the disabled supporters who'll be there. Apart from an entrance just for them and their helpers, once inside, there is no special treatment for them, just their allocated spaces at the front of the Main Stand and the one I stand in. In the concourse underneath the seats, they have no choice but to mingle with everyone else. I'm assuming some if not all of these disabled supporters will be in the vulnerable category so are in need of extra protection - which they will not get.

What should have happened is that when even the limited numbers allowed in (5,000 or fewer) had to wear masks, it would have been easy to expand that and get the message across once we were all allowed back in again but this measure wasn't taken.
Nothing stopping you and any other like minded fans wearing their masks though is there?

Does it not compute that the vast majority of people don't want to wear them?

You need to take a look around, I don't see much evidence of mass mask wearing on my daily travels.

You'll find you're in a minority if you think people are wearing them in pubs, clubs, restaurants, events etc so there seems to be an awful lot of 'Jacks' about.

I'm on the train now and from where I'm standing I can see 9 people wearing masks, and one person who isn't. Maybe you need to take a look around in some different places.

D

Deleted member 28

Because you were saying people would get sick pay or benefit and not be at risk of poverty.

I'm pointing out that £75/week is insufficient to keep an adult fed, warm and adequately clothed. Neither is £95.

If you want to convince us you're debating and not just trolling by asking questions then at least be consistent.
I said that if people had jobs with sick pay they would get it and still not lose out, those that didn't won't but wouldn't have with any other illness.

I don't care what you're interpretation of me disagreeing with you it's still disagreeing!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I'm not talking about people wearing/not wearing masks, but attitudes.

I go out and about including pubs and on public transport. I wear a mask where it is a requirement or where it is sensible. I do not test other than going to visit one elderly aunt at her house, or another one in a care home, and twice when I had symptoms which turned out to be just a cold. I do not go to football because my home team is crap, but I do go to rugby matches, even though my home team is also crap.

And the "I'm alright" is said to Jack, not by him. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 28

I'm on the train now and from where I'm standing I can see 9 people wearing masks, and one person who isn't. Maybe you need to take a look around in some different places.
I was at a football match on Sunday with 30,000 other people and barely anyone had a mask on, I was also in 3 different pubs before and after and no-one wore one including all staff so perhaps YOU need go to different places.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Not in all situations maybe, but there are ways in which both cohorts - those who need or want to remain supremely cautious on the one hand, - because at higher risk of serious illness or death even (pace shep) after vaccination, and on the other callous dickheads - can be accommodated. Theatres could run a proportion of nights of a production according to tight covid protocols, and a proportion as a viral mosh-pit experience. Carriage separation on trains. Mornings for the frail/vulnerable, max-vaxxed and mask conscientious in libraries, shops, leisure centres; afternoons for those who want to be licked by schoolchildren or Djokovic.

Last edited:

PaulB

Nothing stopping you and any other like minded fans wearing their masks though is there?

Does it not compute that the vast majority of people don't want to wear them?
Nothing is stopping anyone wearing masks but the general attitude is, 'let's do the opposite of what the leaderene swine tell us to do.'

I've explained above what's going on. Maybe you should get someone to read it to you? Then maybe it might compute.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
That pissing thing doesn't hold water anymore pal, have you not heard of vaccination?
Yes. It seems however that you have heard of it but not really understood it.

Vaccination for a mutating coronavirus is not permanent - just like Flu, the vaccination has to be continually updated to deal with mutations.
Vaccination for Covid 19 will not stop you getting Covid 19, but it *will* make it much harder for you to catch it.
If you do catch it, you body has some information as to how to deal with it so the likely effects of the virus are milder and easier to treat.

So the analogy holds. To stretch it to breaking point - if you are vaccinated you yourself are much less likely to be walking around in a state of incontinent pissing, and that if you do meet someone who is pissing on, you are likely to be wearing trousers with a degree of waterproofing. So better, but not perfect.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Of course not. They have been told by their pillock of a Prime Minister that they don't need to bother as Covid has magically disappeared as a result of asking him about parties.

There are a lot of people who just don't care about other people, and who will blindly follow the rules if it means they don't have to bother regardless of the stupid vacuous void the information has come out of.

Some of those people will die. Some of those people will kill other people. If this was the walking dead, we wouldn't make it past the end of season 1.

D

Deleted member 28

Nothing is stopping anyone wearing masks but the general attitude is, 'let's do the opposite of what the leaderene swine tell us to do.'

I've explained above what's going on. Maybe you should get someone to read it to you? Then maybe it might compute.
Maybe if 'the Kop' sent a message out telling everyone to wear masks it would become 'folklore '.

Dickhead!

Top Bottom