FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Please get up to speed shep, before we all drown in piss.
I'm fully up to speed thanks, I'm one of many getting on with life and welcoming normality rather than sitting at home shittin myself every time someone sneezes.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
May you live long enough to be shitting yourself every time you sneeze.

D

Deleted member 28

May you live long enough to be shitting yourself every time you sneeze.
Even if I don't I know who will have the better time of it, me not giving a toss and enjoying life or those cowering behind the settee worried about Covid.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Even if I don't I know who will have the better time of it, me not giving a toss and enjoying life or those cowering behind the settee worried about Covid.
Don't be getting all gnomic and coy-mysterious. Who will be having a better time of it? I must know.

Milkfloat

Some people don’t have a choice, they are vulnerable and unable to have the vaccine, they have been cowering behind their sofas for a couple of years. I don’t have the full answer to this and most likely they will have to spend the rest of their lives at a minimum worries, but I do know that the answer is not “feck em’”.

Johnno260

Regular

You assign fear to someone being careful, yet in most cases people aren’t scared.

Like I said I wear a mask as I don’t want to potentially inflict the issues I had upon someone else.

My wife has to test before every shift as she works on a high dependency critical care unit, if she unknowingly takes Covid on to her unit it would undoubtedly kill patients.

It’s nothing to do with fear.

D

Deleted member 28

Some people don’t have a choice, they are vulnerable and unable to have the vaccine, they have been cowering behind their sofas for a couple of years. I don’t have the full answer to this and most likely they will have to spend the rest of their lives at a minimum worries, but I do know that the answer is not “feck em’”.
I can't see the entire world wearing a mask everywhere 24/7 is the answer either.

D

Deleted member 28

You assign fear to someone being careful, yet in most cases people aren’t scared.

Like I said I wear a mask as I don’t want to potentially inflict the issues I had upon someone else.

My wife has to test before every shift as she works on a high dependency critical care unit, if she unknowingly takes Covid on to her unit it would undoubtedly kill patients.

It’s nothing to do with fear.
In your case I'm sure it isn't, other people on here openly admit to feeling uncomfortable in busy places where people aren't wearing masks, sounds like fear to me?

Johnno260

Regular
In your case I'm sure it isn't, other people on here openly admit to feeling uncomfortable in busy places where people aren't wearing masks, sounds like fear to me?
One was imuno compromised, it’s a justified concern on their part.

I have an immuno compromised relative due to a kidney transplant she is in her 30’ she will be on immune suppressants her entire life, so people like this their concerns and worries aren’t justified?

Last edited:
sounds like fear to me
The virus that would likely kill my mother is unlikely to be impressed by your supposed bravery.

What’s the problem with my taking reasonable precautions to reduce the spread of this disease? Why is it wrong to expect similar care from others?

D

Deleted member 28

The virus that would likely kill my mother is unlikely to be impressed by your supposed bravery.

What’s the problem with my taking reasonable precautions to reduce the spread of this disease? Why is it wrong to expect similar care from others?
You seem to be losing the point here, do what you want for me but you can't seriously expect the entire population to do what YOU want them to do?

If you do you're in for a hell of a disappointing ride!

You seem to be losing the point here, do what you want for me but you can't seriously expect the entire population to do what YOU want them to do?

If you do you're in for a hell of a disappointing ride!
We expect drivers to use their vehicles with care and consideration for others, and we have to reluctantly accept that some won't live up to those expectations. What we don't do is tell everybody that road traffic laws are only advisory just because some selfish people moan that they're not allowed to behave like dangerous peanuts.

What we do is attempt to strike a balance between personal freedom and public safety. This situation is no different.

mudsticks

Squire
We expect drivers to use their vehicles with care and consideration for others, and we have to reluctantly accept that some won't live up to those expectations. What we don't do is tell everybody that road traffic laws are only advisory just because some selfish people moan that they're not allowed to behave like dangerous peanuts.

What we do is attempt to strike a balance between personal freedom and public safety. This situation is no different.
You're singing into the wind here.

Personal freedom trumps all else in some peoples world's, that's just how it is

Taking social responsibility, is pretty much akin to communism in some people's minds.

The idea of taking action for the sake of unknown, or even as yet unborn 'others' is an alien concept.

This is what decades of Tory misrule has brought us.

Plus everywhere, selfishness is baked into human nature to a certain extent, in the majority of us.
This is why we have codes of ethics, governments, laws, rules and regs because most of us (myself included) can't be trusted to always present our best selves, and be naturally thoughtful and caring about 'the bigger picture' or people not in our close circle.

But arguing with people who don't feel that way is a pointless waste of forum space.

The strange thing is that people who are advocating for our 'freedom' (from mask wearing and testing) at all costs

Are the same ones who will also advocate strongly for 'lock em up and throw away the key' or 'send them to the electric chair' when other 'antisocial' acts are committed.

It's a slightly puzzling 'all or nothing' type mindset :wacko:

D

Deleted member 28

You really are living in a dream world aren't you, if you think not wearing a mask everywhere you go 24/7 is the same as not driving within the law you need to have a word with yourself.

There has been no requirement for mask wearing since last Summer on the whole, we had a bit during 'plan B' in certain situations but that's about it.

Again, the 'Peanut brigade' have been doing it since last Summer so not really much change is there?

Top Bottom