GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Veteran
I might now just dip in using Youtube from time to time.
Any other way is bad for the stomach.

icowden

Legendary Member
I have to say I haven't watched any of GB News since it started
Neither has anyone else :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
“Freeview Jesus”

7CC2A7D4-A9F4-4C8F-B397-595247401CEF.jpeg

albion

Veteran
Possibly quite a win for GB News to get John Cleese from next year.
There is a lot of self in comedy and it certainly looks like Cleese had more self in his performances than most comedians.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Possibly quite a win for GB News to get John Cleese from next year.
There is a lot of self in comedy and it certainly looks like Cleese had more self in his performances than most comedians.

Massive crybaby will fit right in.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The BBC gave him the 8.10 slot on Today the other morning to let him sound off about how the BBC wouldn't give airtime to people like him.

It's a bit sad really. Forty odd years ago he was part of a team making some good points about free thought and free speech. Mind you, I always thought Fawlty Towers was lazy and racist.

There's a fun clip of Graham Norton taking the piss out of Cleese but then making the point that we shouldn't really care what Norton has to say either which means that by watching and promoting the clip we end up in a weird destruction of the fabric of logic.

View: https://twitter.com/TimesRadio/status/1580160857417416705?t=apSQNJCd4OA65Cw4dE_e_g&s=19

albion

Veteran
Reading this I get the inpression that 'cancel culture' is a cheap trick to get free publicity.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/11/john-cleese-broadcast-cancelled-bbc

It would be nice to get him back on to Today to ask whether Brexit is going to go into the history hooks as 'The Great Delusion'.
The thing about GB News is that its success seems to be based on getting rid of those who stood tall.

It will be interesting to see if there is any sign of Cleese not seeming to belong in a pram.

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
It would be nice to get him back on to Today to ask whether Brexit is going to go into the history hooks as 'The Great Delusion'.

Ooh - so what did he say about Brexit? (I thought he was just another Pale Stale Male Racist, and presumably friend of Weinstain, Prince Andrew et al ... )

albion

Veteran
Is that what?

I myself suspect his Brexit love in was most go do with a desire to avoid tax. Dyson style.
But that is the cynicism in me.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Reading this I get the inpression that 'cancel culture' is a cheap trick to get free publicity.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/11/john-cleese-broadcast-cancelled-bbc
Most of the people 'cancelled' are not celebrities. They are ordinary people who have lost jobs, engagements, had their employers contacted, and been abused, often for espousing fairly mainstream opinions. This includes people who will have a NCHI (Non Crime Hate Incident) note against their name which will come up on a employers check, and which the person may not even be aware of.

This is why Norton saying 'It's just being called to account' is cowardly and disingenuous.

Top Bottom