Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Another straw man?
That makes the murder okay then?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
16 year old transgender girl stabbed to death in targeted attack.

The comment on this tragedy is Police say there is no evidence the transgender teen's murder was a hate crime.

When that sinks in it is difficult to know quite what to say.

Unkraut

You've been quoting from Leviticus to justify cancelling LGBT people.
Not cancelling, commenting on the morality of LGBT. The way of course modern society gets round such laws is to claim it is no longer possible to define what a man is who might lie with a woman.

This is of course a current issue with the C of E as its bishops want to 'bless' same-sex marriages. They are not at liberty change the faith given once for all to the saints. Right and wrong don't change. They shouldn't promote open rebellion against their creator.

If they had any integrity, they should 'come out' and admit they have abandoned it, join the British Humanist Association!
You may believe that stuff is all true if you wish; but that's just a 'belief that's in your head' to quote those who will use that phrase to ridicule trans people.
Who is ridiculing trans people? It seems to me you cannot get much more messed up than to be gender confused and go on a course of treatment involving drugs that weaken the body and surgery that mutilates it. Only to then find it doesn't deal with the real underlying cause of the mental distress it was supposed to. Pity would be a more appropriate word.

There is a place for righteous anger at those who are promoting this as an ideology.
It's just the words of men who claim that God told them to write it down. It probably worked very well in its day as a social code to help protect people from disease etc, however that being the case, even as a social code it has little relevance today.
There is a great deal of apologetic material that argues for the divine authorship of the bible.

I don't think not stealing, killing, being unfaithful, committing perjury or indulging envy and greed are irrelevant for today!

As regards disease, keeping biblical sex ethics would eliminate a vast amount of disease and early death. The latter is particularly ironic in view of so many believing this life is all there is.

multitool

Pharaoh
Who is ridiculing trans people? It seems to me you cannot get much more messed up than to be gender confused and go on a course of treatment involving drugs that weaken the body and surgery that mutilates it. Only to then find it doesn't deal with the real underlying cause of the mental distress it was supposed to.

You sound like you've met and spoken to a lot of trans people. You definitely know what you are talking about.

16 year old transgender girl stabbed to death in targeted attack.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...Cheshire-park-police-launch-murder-probe.html

I've not seen any report that suggests it was targeted. The fact that two youngsters are in custody in fairly short order may or may not tell us that the rozzers know more than they're telling.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
What's interesting - really interesting - is that it seems most media outlets are choosing not to mention that the poor victim was trans.

Well, I'm sure that's because of how utterly irrelevant it is. Because obviouly their attackers had perfectly good reasons for stabbing them to death that were absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with their gender identity.

Fück's sake. :sad:

Unkraut

This is three years old and some of you might well have already read it. It's also long and closely argued.

I read most of it over a coffee at McDonald's - can't get much sadder than that!

A few comments. It strikes me the argument trans people are being bullied can be turned on its head in that many transactivitists are also bullies. Cancelling lectures. The article acknowledges that some are bullies, but says not to apply this to all. Shouldn't that also apply to white heterosexual males, rather than designate them as all being an oppressor class? For example:

... we still live in a vicious nightmare white supremacist patriarchal death cult ...

Trans people threaten the idea of sex and gender as immutable and fixed. What if it is immutable and fixed?

The article decries the portrayal of transwomen as potential abusers in loos etc. as endlessly discussed here, but this does happen sometimes, and isn't this another example of reality versus an idea in someone's head?

I tried to give the author a fair hearing, but I just cannot relate to privileged westerners going through their sojourn on this planet endlessly complaining how oppressed they are. I prefer to try to be content.

Top Bottom