Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Screenshot_20230416_083550_Samsung Internet.jpg

There are lots of similar memes featuring transwomen but funnily enough noone one but you has felt the need to post pictures that mock someone's appearance.

I'm defending the right of anybody to look like they want. You criticising someone for imitating a woman on this thread is quite funny though. You seem rather fixated on KJK yourself as you keep resurrecting the thread with posts about her.

multitool

Pharaoh
you keep resurrecting the thread with posts about her.

"ressurecting"

I don't know why you keep saying this. It's a thread. It's sole purpose is for people to post. And yet here you are perpetually gatekeeping it like a weirdo, responding to everything I post.

"Rent free"

Last edited:

multitool

Pharaoh
Strange isn't it? And yet the pro-trans side, never shut down arguments or cancel people I am told.

It's behind a paywall, and the last thing I would do is take a Telegraph story at face value...even if the temptation to score a cheap point is almost irresistible.

monkers

Legendary Member
Academic hired to do research into the gender wars funded by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, then after they get an answer they don't want the Uni confiscates all her data and fires her.

We asked 50 academic feminists with a history of expressing gender critical views ... and the number that said [insert whatever here] said [whatever you want to prove here] ... and the research said 'ding' full house ... and the university said uh oh, reeks of bias.

Seriously, staff have been walking out of the EHRC because a previous government appointed a known gender critical woman to the chair of the commission rather than allowing it to be independent. Former chiefs of the the Commission have spoken out concerned about bias.

The government has asked the EHRC to set new guidelines to provide the Equalities Minister, another appointment of a woman with well-known gender critical views so that she can rewrite parts of the Equality Act enacted by parliament without further reference to parliament. This is not what functioning democracy looks like.

Despite the government's attempt to get the EHRC to say exactly what they wanted them to, the report back states that changing the Equality Act in this way carries risk - risks for cis women and risks for trans people.

The government are dangerous in all kinds of ways, this is just a further example.

monkers

Legendary Member
Non pay wall version of the article here:

https://archive.ph/2023.04.16-02075...versity-blocks-academic-gender-wars-research/

If research asking feminist academics if they fear censorship produces biased results, then asking transgender people about their concerns must also produce biased results. Sounds like the lived experience of one group is being dismissed, whilst the lived experience of another group is taken at face value. Seems rather unfair.

Not just 'feminists'. Feminists are a diverse group.

From your link ...

''Her study involved 50 individual interviews with academics in gender studies who identified as feminists, a representative survey of social scientists with 650 responses and hundreds of documents and tweets.''

She cherry-picked 50 individuals with similar opinions to her own.

icowden

Legendary Member
''Her study involved 50 individual interviews with academics in gender studies who identified as feminists, a representative survey of social scientists with 650 responses and hundreds of documents and tweets.''

She cherry-picked 50 individuals with similar opinions to her own.
So in that case banning her and confiscating her research is fully justified?

How about we go back to where an academic could research whatever they wanted to research without living in fear? How about we let her publish her findings, and then other academics can peer review and refute them? Wouldn't that be better?

What benefit does treating her like this confer? Why do you think the University have acted as they have done, if not in fear due to the radical trans movement which involves shutting down all conversation?

I'm quite surprised you are pro-censorship.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
So in that case banning her and confiscating her research is fully justified?

How about we go back to where an academic could research whatever they wanted to research without living in fear? How about we let her publish her findings, and then other academics can peer review and refute them? Wouldn't that be better?

What benefit does treating her like this confer? Why do you think the University have acted as they have done, if not in fear due to the radical trans movement which involves shutting down all conversation?

I'm quite surprised you are pro-censorship.

The University were her employers, though I have no knowledge of the terms of that contract or relationship. We've been here with the false claims before. Forstater claimed she was sacked when she wasn't. Rowling and others continue until this day to claim she was sacked although she wasn't. They blamed trans activists, whereas we learnt that no trans activism was involved. The complainants were those working in the same office who grew tired of hearing about it and watching her spend office time sending something like 40 Tweets each day and sharing stuff with colleagues who didn't wish to receive it. Much of this is within the court documents.

Academics might seek certain freedoms. These are actually defined or granted in law, they are assumed freedoms. While universities agree with the concept of these freedoms, they are nonetheless employers with responsibilities under the Public Sector Duty Act. If trans people at the university (fee payers remember) wish to bring forward a complaint that their university is encouraging breaches of the Public Sector Duty Act such they affect their wellbeing, then they are perfectly entitled to do so.

Therefore on the face of it, you have one group of people who hold positions with authority and presumed academic rights in tension with learners, and possibly colleagues, with human rights. Human rights are protected by international law. The right to freedom of expression 'without frontiers' means having the right to speak truth to authority, not to indulge in campaigns against human rights especially if it is the case that it is sponsored by the government who are also covered by the Public Sector Duty Act.

As an electorate we are increasingly losing the human rights which underpin democracy. I urge people to be more afraid of this.

Top Bottom