Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s possible but that doesn’t explain why the women I’m closest to also express similar thoughts. Am I a bad influence on them?
No, but I do think you are mocking the fact that girls and women have to think about how they move through the world everyday because of their sex. It might seem amusing to you but it isn't to those of who have to think about it.

Are you seriously saying no woman you know thinks about things like whether they will be able to get a bus home in the dark or have to walk? Or that they haven't modified their behaviour - like a running or cycling route - because of safety issues that wouldn't affect a man?

My daughter is a capable adult. As her parents our feelings are neither here nor there, but from previous chats around the topic of male midwifery I think she’d be cool with it as long as she liked the caregiver.
And if she were a mentally and physically disabled 10 year old? You would have no interest in if her intimate care giver were male or female? A male midwife or medic is different from intimate care.

From researcher Jackson Katz's book when he asked his students what they do to avoid sexual assault:

BIIvoxf.jpeg

You are either ignorant of how women's day to day lives are affected by simply being female, compared to how little their sex impacts men, or you know but don't really have much interest. Either way, it's a privileged position because your ignorance or apathy has no detrimental affect on you at all. You can afford to be either or both.

monkers

Legendary Member
No, but I do think you are mocking the fact that girls and women have to think about how they move through the world everyday because of their sex. It might seem amusing to you but it isn't to those of who have to think about it.

Are you seriously saying no woman you know thinks about things like whether they will be able to get a bus home in the dark or have to walk? Or that they haven't modified their behaviour - like a running or cycling route - because of safety issues that wouldn't affect a man?

And if she were a mentally and physically disabled 10 year old? You would have no interest in if her intimate care giver were male or female? A male midwife or medic is different from intimate care.

From researcher Jackson Katz's book when he asked his students what they do to avoid sexual assault:

View attachment 5121

You are either ignorant of how women's day to day lives are affected by simply being female, compared to how little their sex impacts men, or you know but don't really have much interest. Either way, it's a privileged position because your ignorance or apathy has no detrimental affect on you at all. You can afford to be either or both.

You speak in such a way as to make the responsibility for the attacks the collective fault of trans women. This is unlawful. Convention rights say that everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and that everyone is innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

The actual people you fear is cis men. Trans women have those same fears.

It isn't reasonable to argue on the one hand (as you tend to do) that trans people are present in such low numbers that we can ignore their rights, and then argue on the other hand that women walk around fearing trans women.

This is the message of moral panic. Yes it is learnt from fascism.

Maybe you think it courteous to bang on about trans women being freaky perverts with beards and testicles, but I can't think of anything more shitty quite frankly. These are not the kinds of interactions that mark out a civilised or sophisticated country. Then to deny transphobia is simply laughable.
I've never used that language. You need to characterise everything as transphobic in order to shut down the discussion because you can't argue rationally or accept that others have rights too.

The messages being read out between the two defendants remind me of the attitudes here, and they disgust me.

I suggest you leave the legal process to conclude without making statements like that.

I'm hurting, and some of you are enjoying it.
You have been one of the rudest posters on here. Every opinion that you don't agree with is deemed transphobic hate and you respond with abuse because that's the kind of response you have chosen to make. That you are now using an ongoing court case and a family's trauma to elicit sympathy for yourself is deplorable.

You speak in such a way as to make the responsibility for the attacks the collective fault of trans women. This is unlawful. Convention rights say that everyone is entitled to a fair trial, and that everyone is innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
Jesus. You've just posted inflammatory stuff about an ongoing trial ffs.

You have been one of the rudest posters on here. Every opinion that you don't agree with is deemed transphobic hate and you respond with abuse because that's the kind of response you have chosen to make. That you are now using an ongoing court case and a family's trauma to elicit sympathy for yourself is deplorable.

If that were true it would literally be a mirror image of your own style.

Bloody hell. Even for someone that likes to put words in other people’s mouths that’s a long stretch. You’re jumping around all over the place. For the record, no I’m neither mocking nor saying those things.

I responded to a question about intimate care and suddenly I’m accused of being blind to everyday safety concerns that have little or nothing to do with trans issues. If you had your way and everyone’s sex was immediately obvious those daily worries and behaviour modifications would persist.

She‘s not 10, so I can’t say with certainty, but I hope we would consider the character and personality of the carer rather than their genital configuration.

View attachment 5121

I don’t believe that women and girls are made safer by promoting trans panic.

CXRAndy

Guru
I don’t believe that women and girls are made safer by promoting trans panic.

Oh the victim again.

Bloody hell. Even for someone that likes to put words in other people’s mouths that’s a long stretch. You’re jumping around all over the place. For the record, no I’m neither mocking nor saying those things.

I responded to a question about intimate care and suddenly I’m accused of being blind to everyday safety concerns that have little or nothing to do with trans issues. If you had your way and everyone’s sex was immediately obvious those daily worries and behaviour modifications would persist.

That's how she rolls.

Somebody asks about a GRC. I responded including how it works on the ground and became an entitled all sorts; very personal and not aligned with the facts.

In reality of course the GRC is there for reasons to do with satisfying State Bureaucracy and little else. It's not a passport for horny schoolboys to get in the girls showers.

classic33

View attachment 5121
Would that be the same Jackson Katz who's approach is
*Katz advocates the bystander approach to gender violence and bullying prevention. Instead of focusing on women as victims and men as perpetrators of harassment, abuse or violence, the bystander approach concentrates on the role of peers in schools, groups, teams, workplaces and other social units.

Taken from his Wikipedia page.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Katz

His approach is completely different to yours. Worth your time reading it, in full.

classic33

I've never used that language.
You're certain about that?
And you yourself have never posted anything about a person before they have even been charged, in court, with an offence. John 8 7?

You've revelled in delight at what some people have been through. Caring not one bit about them, only that it makes "your case" stronger, in your mind. Dismissing the same argument on a whim, when it no longer suits you.

MGG

When you say 'I didn't ask the librarian's gametes' it is mocking women's genuine concerns because you know very well we aren't talking about public spaces like a library desk.

I responded to a question about intimate care and suddenly I’m accused of being blind to everyday safety concerns that have little or nothing to do with trans issues.

We were talking about biology. What you actually said was:

Biology is all well and good but I don’t feel the need to think about it much when I’m trying to have everyday human interactions.
That's a luxury you enjoy, to not have to think about your biology, available to you because you are an adult male. It's a privilege not available to most women and girls.

It's relevant to trans issues because the presence of males in certain situations, regardless of how they identify, is relevant to women in a way that it isn't to men like yourself.

If that were true it would literally be a mirror image of your own style.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a post where I've called someone a tw*t, c*nt, or even an idiot. But then as you seem to find biology transphobic you're bound to get a bit upset about almost everything I suppose.

Also, if you think 'woman' is simply those who can perform stereotypes - which is what you've pretty much said a few times - I would call that both entitled and insulting to women.

Last edited:
Top Bottom