Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Guru
Because these generation of parents weren't behaving as parents, they behaved as friends to their children.

We all need boundaries, especially children. Teach them self worth through effort and reward.

Chastise when necessary to clearly show where the boundaries are .

Breaking news: lion tamer eaten by lion.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
"With unprecedented help from mental health experts, we have raised the loneliest, most anxious, depressed, pessimistic, helpless, and fearful generation on record. Why?
How did the first generation to raise kids without spanking produce the first generation to declare they never wanted kids of their own? How did kids raised so gently come to believe that they had experienced debilitating childhood trauma? How did kids who received far more psychotherapy than any previous generation plunge into a bottomless well of despair"?

Abigail Shirer.

The trend is both social media based and combined with a therapy culture that is obsessed with self and happiness.

I don't know Abigail, why don't you write another unevidenced book to back up your claims?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Because these generation of parents weren't behaving as parents, they behaved as friends to their children.

We all need boundaries, especially children. Teach them self worth through effort and reward.

Chastise when necessary to clearly show where the boundaries are .

th (43).jpeg

matticus

Guru
They fark you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were farked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

Perhaps the wisest post to date on this thread. :notworthy:

monkers

Guru
From what I understand you've not had kids yourself, so are coming from a position of ignorance.

Comparing 🍎 v 🍊 with your comment.

Yeh, right teachers and child protection officers (I've done both jobs) know nothing about kids, or how hear about how they get treated at home. Go back and read N's account of growing at home as a trans child, then come back and tell us that in this household we speak from a position of ignorance.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Yeh, right teachers and child protection officers (I've done both jobs) know nothing about kids, or how hear about how they get treated at home. Go back and read N's account of growing at home as a trans child, then come back and tell us that in this household we speak from a position of ignorance.

Not the same unless you've created life.

Your scenario more akin to child minding. Give them back at the end of the day

icowden

Legendary Member
Your scenario more akin to child minding. Give them back at the end of the day
To be fair to @monkers, my impression from her post is that she has pretty much been the sole carer of N for much of N's life, so perhaps she may have more empathy than you are giving credit for.

Top Bottom