Has Adam gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I thought Adam might be back for velo games when the grand tours kick off.

He's still on the mothership, the accounts are separate for each site.

spen666

No. He's done more than that, go back a few pages. He tried to claim that I had nurtured an abusive atmosphere. Aside from pointing out that when I arrived Jowwy and Shep were knocking lumps out of each other and Adam deciding to start hurling unmerited abuse my way, I linked to the multitude of Wimjim's post where he has a tantrum and tells people to 'f*ck off'.

He, on this thread, explains how he is a special exception to standards of behaviour he demands of others, because he doesn't always do it and the people on the end of it deserved it.

I'm sure, to him, it's entirely reasonable, but to anyone with a brain it is what it is: hypocrisy.

The truth is this board is a bit of a sewer. But its a sewer that predates me. The fact that you said Spen proposed moderation (way before little old me arrived) is the big tell.

The ad hom stuff on the gender thread started before I arrived. The exception people like Rusty Fails and Co have taken to me is more to do with their proprietorship mentality. How dare a Newby come here and return fire so readily? Added to which, I suspect they are by nature, pusillanomous. They can say here what they would not dare to say to my face. Thats the norm with cowardly bullies. Well, to quote Wimjim, they can f*ck off.

Or...maybe they could just post something interesting?

You and I had some dingdongs which you started (Cardiff thread). Prior to that, my only awareness of you was as the victim of some nasty homophobic abuse from jowwy. You didnt ask me to...but I put a stop to it. You all can knock lumps out of me as much as you like and Im more than happy to return the favour...but stuff like jowwy's homo abuse actually matters to peoples lives. There's your clue as to why youll find me on the gender thread.

I think that you and I have reached an understanding whereby we dont press each other's buttons, because there is more to be gained by listening to each others points whether or not we respond.

I got bored of it, as I have of most online stuff. I'm on twitter but I rarely post. I use it to parse validated news sources or reliable informed posters with some sort of professional expertise. You'll find me on cyclingnews forum on the racing threads, cycling tips, slow twitch for cycling, and some vehicle groups because <shock horror> I'm a minor petrol head.

There is nothing for me on the mothership.

Why am I being brought into this thread?

I've not been involved in the petty squabbling between posters on here

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Why am I being brought into this thread?

I've not been involved in the petty squabbling between posters on here

See my post about the edit, I thought it was you who had posted that thread because you're the last to have posted on it - saw the avatar, got confused.

Unbelievable, he might be the next to leave now. 🤪

We're sure gonna miss him....

Top Bottom