Has Adam gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We should bring real values back into the forum.

Could you clarify:

Family Values
pre-war values
Old Fashioned Values
Victorian Values
any other values

I wouldn't want to get my values wrong :laugh:

Personally, I think bringing back Conscription would sort it all out, short back and sides and all that

multitool

Shaman
I'm thinking about making a post. Will be in the Starmer thread.

Just wanted to make sure that is OK with Wimjim,Bobsmyuncle etc?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Ask classic. He's the one who put forth the idea of moderators for this forum.

Winjim's done nothing more than point out some numbers.

Because I was vaguely bored earlier, I looked at some too. You pretty much stopped posting on the mothership when you signed up here.

Clearly you have your reasons for that, though what they are is beyond me.

Edited for my mistake: it was classic who started that thread.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
Ask spen. He's the one who put forth the idea of moderators for this forum.

Winjim's done nothing more than point out some numbers.

No. He's done more than that, go back a few pages. He tried to claim that I had nurtured an abusive atmosphere. Aside from pointing out that when I arrived Jowwy and Shep were knocking lumps out of each other and Adam deciding to start hurling unmerited abuse my way, I linked to the multitude of Wimjim's post where he has a tantrum and tells people to 'f*ck off'.

He, on this thread, explains how he is a special exception to standards of behaviour he demands of others, because he doesn't always do it and the people on the end of it deserved it.

I'm sure, to him, it's entirely reasonable, but to anyone with a brain it is what it is: hypocrisy.

The truth is this board is a bit of a sewer. But its a sewer that predates me. The fact that you said Spen proposed moderation (way before little old me arrived) is the big tell.

The ad hom stuff on the gender thread started before I arrived. The exception people like Rusty Fails and Co have taken to me is more to do with their proprietorship mentality. How dare a Newby come here and return fire so readily? Added to which, I suspect they are by nature, pusillanomous. They can say here what they would not dare to say to my face. Thats the norm with cowardly bullies. Well, to quote Wimjim, they can f*ck off.

Or...maybe they could just post something interesting?

You and I had some dingdongs which you started (Cardiff thread). Prior to that, my only awareness of you was as the victim of some nasty homophobic abuse from jowwy. You didnt ask me to...but I put a stop to it. You all can knock lumps out of me as much as you like and Im more than happy to return the favour...but stuff like jowwy's homo abuse actually matters to peoples lives. There's your clue as to why youll find me on the gender thread.

I think that you and I have reached an understanding whereby we dont press each other's buttons, because there is more to be gained by listening to each others points whether or not we respond.

Because I was vaguely bored earlier, I looked at some too. You pretty much stopped posting on the mothership when you signed up here.

Clearly you have your reasons for that, though what they are is beyond me.

I got bored of it, as I have of most online stuff. I'm on twitter but I rarely post. I use it to parse validated news sources or reliable informed posters with some sort of professional expertise. You'll find me on cyclingnews forum on the racing threads, cycling tips, slow twitch for cycling, and some vehicle groups because <shock horror> I'm a minor petrol head.

There is nothing for me on the mothership.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
I'm thinking about making a post. Will be in the Starmer thread.

Just wanted to make sure that is OK with Wimjim,Bobsmyuncle etc?

I need to offer an apology.

I asked if I could post in the Starmer thread as you can see. But rather than wait until I was granted permission by Wimjim, the Rectum Recter Rector of this Learned Place, I went ahead and posted anyway.

But worse, I posted on the Schooliform thread. I do hope you will all go and check to see if any more posters have thrown their arms in the air and left because of me, whilst never actually citing me.

Mkay?

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No. He's done more than that, go back a few pages. He tried to claim that I had nurtured an abusive atmosphere. Aside from pointing out that when I arrived Jowwy and Shep were knocking lumps out of each other and Adam deciding to start hurling unmerited abuse my way, I linked to the multitude of Wimjim's post where he has a tantrum and tells people to 'f*ck off'.

He, on this thread, explains how he is a special exception to standards of behaviour he demands of others, because he doesn't always do it and the people on the end of it deserved it.

I'm sure, to him, it's entirely reasonable, but to anyone with a brain it is what it is: hypocrisy.

The truth is this board is a bit of a sewer. But its a sewer that predates me. The ad hom stuff on the gender thread started before I arrived. The exception people like Rusty Fails and Co have taken is more to do with their proprietorship mentality. How dare a Newby come here and return fire so readily? Well, to quote Wimjim, they can f*ck off.

You and I had some dingdongs which you started (Cardiff thread). Prior to that, my only awareness of you was as the victim of some nasty homophobic abuse from jowwy. You didnt ask me to...but I put a stop to it. You all can knock lumps out of me as much as you like and Im more than happy to return the favour...but stuff like jowwy's homo abuse actually matters to peoples lives. There's your clue as to why youll find me on the gender thread.

I think that you and I have reached an understanding whereby we dont press each other's buttons, because there is more to be gained by listening to each others points whether or not we respond.

I got bored of it, as I have of most online stuff. I'm on twitter but I rarely post. I use it to parse validated news sources or reliable informed posters with some sort of professional expertise. You'll find me on cyclingnews forum on the racing threads, cycling tips, slow twitch for cycling, and some vehicle groups because <shock horror> I'm a minor petrol head.

There is nothing for me on the mothership.

Ahhh, the Cardiff thread... I read a bit of that back. There's no point in rehashing it for the sake of a "who started it" thing so whatever.

I'd kind of hoped our Welsh correspondent might have returned one day, but I doubt he will. He gave me far worse than homophobic abuse, but I was never a victim.

I'd agree that an understanding has been reached. And a lot of what you say is relevant and makes sense, but I can see the points winjim and others are making. Perhaps that's more from perception on all sides, perhaps it's something else. That's up for others to make their minds up about.

multitool

Shaman
Ahhh, the Cardiff thread... I read a bit of that back. There's no point in rehashing it for the sake of a "who started it" thing so whatever.

I'd kind of hoped our Welsh correspondent might have returned one day, but I doubt he will. He gave me far worse than homophobic abuse, but I was never a victim.*
*victim in the sense of being the intended target. I don't doubt that you brush it off, but do you need it?

I hope he doesnt return. For his sake. He wasnt in control of himself.

I'd agree that an understanding has been reached. And a lot of what you say is relevant and makes sense, but I can see the points winjim and others are making. Perhaps that's more from perception on all sides, perhaps it's something else. That's up for others to make their minds up about.

Fair enough. It is all down to perception, and people take offence when it is not intended, and fail to take offence when it is.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
*victim in the sense of being the intended target. I don't doubt that you brush it off, but do you need it?

I hope he doesnt return. For his sake. He wasnt in control of himself.

Fair enough. It is all down to perception, and people take offence when it is not intended, and fail to take offence when it is.

Well, no, nobody does. I've experienced much worse than what he was capable of.

But you're not wrong he had lost the plot. Big time.

matticus

Guru
... and what about Common Sense? Who's checking we have enough of that??

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The exception people like Rusty Fails and Co have taken to me is more to do with their proprietorship mentality. How dare a Newby come here and return fire so readily? Added to which, I suspect they are by nature, pusillanomous. They can say here what they would not dare to say to my face. Thats the norm with cowardly bullies.
Nice to see I'm not totally forgotten, but how dare you insult me on my very own forum. The only reason I have possibly criticised you more than others is because I think your posts demonstrate that, for an intelligent man with sound political judgement, you are, as you agree, a twatospheric ar*ehole, and one who is more concerned with point scoring than discussing. Of course I would not say it to your face because I am quite choosy about the company I keep and I suspect we would not frequent the same establishments.

I wasn't going to reply further to this thread because, as your sig line shows, you clearly need and revel in the notoriety a bit too much, but your unsolicited, childish name dropping and cod psychology suckered me in again. I will let others on the forum make the decision on whether i have tried "bullying" you or anyone else, and to compare my posts to your responses to people like AS, CXRAndy or Adam who have the temerity to criticise you. Your recent spat with TC was very illuminating.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
I wasn't going to reply further to this thread
LOL. Of course you weren't :whistle:

because, as your sig line shows, you clearly need and revel in the notoriety a bit too much, but your unsolicited, childish name dropping and cod psychology suckered me in again

Oh I see. You really didn't want to post, but evil Multitool made you.

As I suspected. Utter pathetic coward who can't even take responsibility for what he chooses to do.

You really should have never, repeatedly, attacked me, all those months ago. You popped up, uninvited, on the Cardiff thread just to mock.

Now here you are, trying to take the high ground, you silly little prat.

Your recent spat with TC was very illuminating.

"Spat"? It was a mutual piss-take :laugh:

TC likes to pop into the Starmer thread, and bait me, and I'm more than happy for her to do it. She and I have something you lack...a sense of humour.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You really should have never, repeatedly, attacked me, all those months ago. You popped up, uninvited, on the Cardiff thread just to mock.

Now here you are, trying to take the high ground, you silly little prat.

Back to the Cardiff thread again. You really need to let it go, if you keep picking at it it'll turn septic. I didn't "attack" you, but admit that, along with several others, I couldn't help but mock your vainglorious posts...using black humour (other colours are available). Not taking any high ground here, just criticising you.

She and I have something you lack...a sense of humour.

TC might, but just for the record are those the bits you signal with :laugh:, just so we can recognise them?

multitool

Shaman
Back to the Cardiff thread again. You really need to let it go, if you keep picking at it it'll turn septic. I didn't "attack" you, but admit that, along with several others, I couldn't help but mock your vainglorious posts...using black humour (other colours are available). Not taking any high ground here, just criticising you.

For someone who "wasn't going to post" in this thread, here you are with another post. This time to say you "couldn't help" posts you made some time ago.

First, helplessly drawn into a thread you didn't want to be in by evil Multitool, and now "couldn't help" making posts you made. Either you really are pathetically feeble, or just someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

Is that enough "cod psychology" for you, or are you going to helplessly post something else for me to deconstruct?

TC might, but just for the record are those the bits you signal with :laugh:, just so we can recognise them?

Loving the use of "we". Invoking others, because you are just too pathetic to stand up on your own.

There's little I despise more than bullies who are cowards.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
For someone who "wasn't going to post" in this thread, here you are with another post. This time to say you "couldn't help" posts you made some time ago.

First, helplessly drawn into a thread you didn't want to be in by evil Multitool, and now "couldn't help" making posts you made. Either you really are pathetically feeble, or just someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

Is that enough "cod psychology" for you, or are you going to helplessly post something else for me to deconstruct?

Loving the use of "we". Invoking others, because you are just too pathetic to stand up on your own.

There's little I despise more than bullies who are cowards.

"Evil" Multitool :laugh:. You are not evil, just a very naughty boy who fantasises about being evil.

Even your insults are formulaic, juvenile and repetitive.

I would love to see my "bullying" posts to you and your definition of bullying in that context. If I am "bullying" you I am clearly not doing a good job of it, or you are good at masking your inner pain.

I am just going to the club for a few pints of shandy now and will practise my bullying on my friends.

Top Bottom