I Am For...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
I suppose at my age it's reasonably safe to say "I'm for".

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/HistoryInPics/status/1552682955633438720

D

Deleted member 49

The above reminds me of some art my partner did I'd guess 20 plus years ago.They were images of Strawberries sliced in half and the image enlarged.They were roughly sewn up with a needle and thread...
My mum at the time came to one of her art shows and asked what are they meant to be ?
Partner replied their about Female Genital Mutilation !
Mum's reaction was priceless 😁

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Actually I just reread the first part of that patent for the first time in about ten years and it's a bit racist, isn't it? I hadn't noticed that before.

Not that the racism is necessarily the weirdest thing about it but it does provide a predicate for the whole business which is... interesting.

mudsticks

Squire
Actually I just reread the first part of that patent for the first time in about ten years and it's a bit racist, isn't it? I hadn't noticed that before.

The whole thing is completely loopy, so a bit of casual racism thrown in there too, is no big surprise..

Although with both of mine the extra 'tone' from a lot of manual labour, and loads of cycling etc done whilst pregnant meant that second stage was pretty fast and furious.

The midwife (same one both times) kept asking me not to push so much..

My response was that it wasn't me doing the pushing.. involuntary muscle action took over..

But I can't see how this ridiculous machine ever got past any drawing board.??
It's nuts 🙄

I see the co patentee is a woman..

I wonder had she ever given birth ??😳

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The whole thing is completely loopy, so a bit of casual racism thrown in there too, is no big surprise..

Although with both of mine the extra 'tone' from a lot of manual labour, and loads of cycling etc done whilst pregnant meant that second stage was pretty fast and furious.

My response was that it wasn't me doing the pushing.. involuntary muscle action took over..

It's nuts 🙄

I believe the inventors were a childless couple.

If you want to talk fast and furious second stages, our second born arrived before the midwife did...

Beebo

Veteran

It's nuts 🙄

I suspected that you were a more primitive person. But now we have proof

mudsticks

Squire
I suspected that you were a more primitive person. But now we have proof

Extraordinarily primitive.

I'm still using tools and methods that were around thousands of years back.

If you want to talk fast and furious second stages, our second born arrived before the midwife did...

Somehow the childlessness doesn't surprise.

I just hope no poor soul was ever made to try it out.. 😳

D

Deleted member 49

I delivered my daughter at home....not by choice !

Top Bottom