I spy EU flags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
What with the EU flag disappearing from our cars, I thought it would be nice to have an EU flag spotting thread. No arguments, no debates, just some nice pictures of where you've seen the flag out and about. I'll start us off with these lovely planters in Hathersage. They look pretty new, judging by the weathering on them.

So where have you spotted the flag?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

I've just thought, we could make it your bike in front of an EU flag, but although I do ride through Hathersage fairly often, I was in the car yesterday with the 2yo.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

What with the EU flag disappearing from our cars, I thought it would be nice to have an EU flag spotting thread. No arguments, no debates, just some nice pictures of where you've seen the flag out and about. I'll start us off with these lovely planters in Hathersage. They look pretty new, judging by the weathering on them.

View attachment 45

Ha, I've just noticed they spelled 'European' wrong. Is there something to be read into that?

D

Deleted member 49

Here is one in Dublin recently.....
View attachment 46
Where's your bike Craig ?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Why would they use predictive text to make a sign? They got it correct the first time they wrote it.

Probably got a foreigner to write it is my guess.

1. It was a joke

2. I am not an expert sign writer, but, even simple Dymo machines have moved on not. You type your sign, view it on the screen, then, commit it to tape. I would suspect something similar is used in the "Plastic Sign Industry"

3. Shan't comment on the second bolded part.

mjr

View attachment 45

We had some of those planters in Lynn a few years ago, funded by EU Interreg. Two bike parking areas were flattened to make space for them!

Milkfloat

I wonder if HM Government will be along soon with UK stickers to cover up the EU flag, apparently they only cost a couple of quid on eBay.

swansonj

Regular
Is it not the case that the "EU" flag was originally and still is the flag of the Council of Europe, of which the UK is still a (founder) member?

Top Bottom