Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

What's your take?

I have been trying to ignore everything to do with the house of Windsor since being a teenager, but occasionally enjoy a moan about them.

I don't like the privilege when so many are disrespected.
I don't like the extravagance when so many are struggling.
I don't like the fawning admiration of a family who are no less dysfunctional than most.

FishFright

What's your take?

I have been trying to ignore everything to do with the house of Windsor since being a teenager, but occasionally enjoy a moan about them.

I don't like the privilege when so many are disrespected.
I don't like the extravagance when so many are struggling.
I don't like the fawning admiration of a family who are no less dysfunctional than most.

Vive la République !​

D

Deleted member 28

What's your take?
I would imagine you know exactly what your anti-royal bedfellows think but if it gets you hard there's no harm asking I suppose.

For what it's worth I'm not fussed either way but I'm certainly not against the whole concept as they're so far removed from my day to day life they cause me no harm.

Very similar to this forum.;)

If you think that why are you here?

D

Deleted member 28

The monarchy is sh*t and full of c*nts.

However I am using my extra day off work wisely and going on holiday.

I love that sort of attitude because you must be incandescent with rage when you see the celebrations and pleasure people get from the Royal family, there's even an extra day off this year to rub it in even further.

Julia9054

Regular
As it falls in the school holidays, schools have been given dispensation to choose an extra day off this year. Ours was last November.
I have no real feelings about the monarchy either way. If a country has to have a head of state, it seems as good a way to choose one as any. I’d prefer not to have to pay for the hangers on though.
I like a day off - who doesn’t?

Top Bottom