Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As it falls in the school holidays, schools have been given dispensation to choose an extra day off this year. Ours was last November.
I have no real feelings about the monarchy either way. If a country has to have a head of state, it seems as good a way to choose one as any. I’d prefer not to have to pay for the hangers on though.
I like a day off - who doesn’t?

+1, except, since I am retired, the extra National Holiday means little, except, prices will go up, and, many places will be fully booked.

It so happens, Son No1 has his 50th during the Jubilee Celebrations, and, he lives in Windsor, so, my visit to his birthday "bash" will no doubt be traffic clogged, and, all the pubs will be full.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

I'd like a discussion with differing views aired and respectfully heard.

I fear you may be disappointed ;)

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I did enjoy the incredulity from Americans that the opening of parliament brought forth on social media. The hat has it's own car? What's the big stick about? The woman in the weird outfit is knocking on the door? It does look bizarre when you think about it.

Did someone invite you into their 'club'??

And you accepted ???

They did. This very day I am inducted into the club of adults with ADHD. I have superpowers and proud.

Julia9054

Regular
+1, except, since I am retired, the extra National Holiday means little, except, prices will go up, and, many places will be fully booked.

It so happens, Son No1 has his 50th during the Jubilee Celebrations, and, he lives in Windsor, so, my visit to his birthday "bash" will no doubt be traffic clogged, and, all the pubs will be full.

I shall be spending the actual jubilee holiday cycling round the Netherlands on my postponed tour from 2020.
Although it has been such a major pita to rearrange, I'm only going believe it will actually happen when I'm rolling my bike off the ferry at Europoort. The pandemic has ruined the pleasure of looking forward to your holidays.

mudsticks

Squire
They did. This very day I am inducted into the club of adults with ADHD. I have superpowers and proud.

Good .

It's very nice when you you have those aha moments of "Actually I'm OK" self realisation isn't it?
(Edited to add should be on The Good News Thread)

You're allowed to be, and be seen, as your whole self.

But remember that super powers come with responsibility to use them wisely.😇

I shall be spending the actual jubilee holiday cycling round the Netherlands on my postponed tour from 2020.
Although it has been such a major pita to rearrange, I'm only going believe it will actually happen when I'm rolling my bike off the ferry at Europoort. The pandemic has ruined the pleasure of looking forward to your holidays.

Your holiday will go fine Julia - it is decreed 🌻🌻🌻🌻

But I know what you mean, in the throes of organising them you sometimes wonder
"Why am I bothering?"

But it will be great 👍🏼 As will mine -
We deserve it 😇💚💜

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Good luck, and enjoy, hope it all goes well!

Top Bottom