Latest terrorist attack.

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, ruddy liberty having to wait for your easylife seeker claim to be processed.

All the guy's done is attempt mass murder, and what do we do?

Investigate him as a terrorist.

We should be building a memorial to him instead.

Should we not be learning about the factors in young men's lives that lead them down the path of terrorist murder?

There do seem to be quite a few things, not least mental health, that crop up again and again.

Seems better to stop them than have to investigate the mess after they've murdered.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
There do seem to be quite a few things, not least mental health, that crop up again and again.
Hitchens used to go on (still does?) about the connection between drugs - either medication of illegal - and those who commit murderous terrorist offences. This has been in the background of virtually every such offence for decades, but there is a marked reluctance to investigate it.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Maybe I am wrong, but, I thought that (in the Middle East), we sort of won the war, but, lost the peace (thanks to forward thing (joke) Politicians).
As fighting machines we have a very effective military. We lare good at killing people, which is the relatively easy bit when you have better weapons, technology, air support, and big friends, but less good at the very important bit which comes after.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As fighting machines we have a very effective military. We lare good at killing people, which is the relatively easy bit when you have better weapons, technology, air support, and big friends, but less good at the very important bit which comes after.

I thought that is what I said, in different words?

Perhaps, it is necessary to qualify "we", I rather things it is the Americans who have most of the toys.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
What's your definition of winning ?

Exactly as I said, in Iraq, we (the involved European powers plus USA) won the initial conflict, but, then the Politicians made a complete arse of "winning" the peace.

In the other conflicts (Libya, Afghanistan, etc) we (the involved European powers plus USA) didn't do so well in the conflict bit, and, then the Politicians made an even bigger arse of what passed for peace.

I am not saying I agreed with our military intervention (I didn't), but, my failure to vote for Blair etc etc did not prevent it from happening.

D

Deleted member 49

Exactly as I said, in Iraq, we (the involved European powers plus USA) won the initial conflict, but, then the Politicians made a complete arse of "winning" the peace.
If you say so.Personally speaking I don't think we "won" anything.
Do you think the world is a safer place....

Top Bottom