Lee Anderson is 'very angry' - a thread for all Lee Anderson's ire....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tory deputy chair Lee Anderson says he's 'very angry' small boat arrivals numbers may have passed 100,000

Lee Anderson, the Conservative party deputy chairman, has said he is “very angry” about the PA Media report saying that the small boat arrivals picked up in the Channel today may take the total number of people who have come to the UK via this route above 100,000 for the first time. (See 12.17pm.) The official numbers will be out tomorrow.
The Home Office data goes back to 2018, which is when small boats arrivals were first logged as a problem. The official database won’t include any people coming to the UK irregularly on small boats before then, and any migrants who arrived without being recorded.
In an interview with GB News, Anderson said:

I’m very angry about the number. Again, very angry, as you know, every single day when I see these illegal migrants.
Anderson also repeated his claim that people arriving on small boats are not genuine asylum seekers – even though Home Office data suggests that a majority of them are. Last year 90% of people who arrived this way claimed asylum. Most of these claims have not yet been processed, but of all the claims that have been processed since 2018, 61% have been accepted.
Anderson told GB News that the situation was “infuriating”, but that the Conservatives were the only party that could sort the situation out.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...igrant-politics-margaret-thatcher-rishi-sunak

mudsticks

Squire
I would say Lee Anderson can get in the sea.

But there are enough turds floating about in there already.

matticus

Guru
100,000 you say?

Do you think there is something like this in Lee's Angry Office:
beta&t=9MMEONNNOVVQkp7LzNE0s8assZE6lTGRaUzEstv7RNc.jpg

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Well he certainly wouldn't want any of those horrible immigrants, treating him 🙄

Well quite....

Pale Rider

Veteran
But there are enough turds floating about in there already.

I'm surprised at you.

Those boats don't have en-suite toilets - I hope you are not falling for nasty tabloid stories about migrants living in the lap of luxury.

It's a hazardous journey, which will also promote bowel evacuation.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
700+ arrivals in small boats today, reportedly, sounds as if a bunk on the barge is an attraction, not a deterrent.

Beebo

Veteran
I'm surprised at you.

Those boats don't have en-suite toilets - I hope you are not falling for nasty tabloid stories about migrants living in the lap of luxury.

It's a hazardous journey, which will also promote bowel evacuation.

I think mudders was probably referring to the privatisation of water which is a much bigger issue than the minuscule issue of whether someone in peril has dropped one off overboard.

mudsticks

Squire
I think mudders was probably referring to the privatisation of water which is a much bigger issue than the minuscule issue of whether someone in peril has dropped one off overboard.
Indeed.

Now we're not under those pesky EU regulations any more, it's open season on discharge.

https://www.sas.org.uk/water-quality/

"Polluters have simply been profiteering off pollution. Water companies have paid out an eyewatering £60 billion in dividends to shareholders over the last 30 years. And fat cat CEOs are often granted six figure pay packets every year. And to make things worse, the government are now allowing water companies to self monitor their environmental performance resulting in ever increasing abuses of the system. In 2021, Southern Water were fined £90 million for serial misreporting and the Environment Agency and Ofwat have launched the largest ever investigation of water company behaviour after water companies admitted they may have illegally released untreated sewage into rivers and waterways. The weak enforcement of existing regulation from consistently underfunded and under resourced environment agencies means there is no effective driver to ensure water companies change their behaviour"

Something worth getting cross about.. 🙄

Anyhow I've just been for an after-work sea swim..
It felt clean enough but best have a shower just in case..

Top Bottom