Lee Anderson is 'very angry' - a thread for all Lee Anderson's ire....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Just seen 30p Lee on the BBC news saying that a policeman who kicked a defenceless teenager in the face then stamped on his head should be given a medal.

The people who vote for him and Reform will agree with him. It’s Populist nonsense.

I don’t think he deserves a medal but wouldn’t want him to lose his job over a moment of madness, especially if this is his first indiscretion.

We don’t know the facts but the rumours suggest it got very violent. Andy Burnham has seen all the footage and sounded quite cautious about demonising the officer. Saying there are issues on both sides and it isn’t clear cut.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjk3ppjjlpmo

ebikeerwidnes

Just seen 30p Lee on the BBC news saying that a policeman who kicked a defenceless teenager in the face then stamped on his head should be given a medal.

Yup - heard him

Now imagine if 30p was arrested for something and got kicked in the head for fighting back because he was only doing what was right

clearly 30p would be all for congratulating the booby after and would buy his kids Christmas presents

or maybe not

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm not sure the teenager was "defenceless".
The force said the officer's actions had come after he and other colleagues were "violently attacked" at about 20:30 BST on Tuesday.
GMP said it had happened after officers tried to arrest someone in the airport's Terminal 2 following a fight.
A police spokesman said there had been a "clear risk" their weapons could be taken from them, and three officers had been taken to hospital, one with a broken nose.
He was part of a violent gang. I love the way that the reporting includes pointless detail:-
The solicitor also revealed the brothers were family members of a serving GMP officer.
I mean - so what? Someone in their family isn't a violent a'hole?

icowden

Legendary Member
At the time of being kicked in the face he was on the ground, defenceless.
At the time of being kicked in the face he was on the ground, apparently defenceless. Without the preceding minutes of video, we cannot know exactly what was going on, if he was armed and lying on a weapon etc.

matticus

Guru
FTFY

My weekly perusal of the Border Telegraph court pages suggests that stamping on someone's head usually gets you the jail, regardless of what happened before.

"usually" has no legal weight. Luckily we have courts (and the like) to assess each case on it's merits.

Beebo

Veteran
"usually" has no legal weight. Luckily we have courts (and the like) to assess each case on it's merits.

It would be interesting to see if a jury convicts him.

Beebo

Veteran
The lawyer acting for the man on the floor has claimed it was attempted murder.

Talk about escalating the situation.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm not sure the teenager was "defenceless".

He was part of a violent gang. I love the way that the reporting includes pointless detail:-

I mean - so what? Someone in their family isn't a violent a'hole?

Isn't?

matticus

Guru
It would be interesting to see if a jury convicts him.

Yes: and I for one have no idea which way such a case would pan out, especially without knowing the full details (just as Mr Anderson does not!).

Meanwhile:
The lawyer acting for the man on the floor has claimed it was attempted murder.
Talk about escalating the situation.
Now he's raised the stakes further:
A CT scan has revealed there is a cyst on his brain, so please pray for his wellbeing.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
There is more video emerging of the event online (filmed from different angles), following the kicking, but nothing (that I have) seen preceding it. Whilst I understand that a level of force is justifiable within certain limits, it does appear that a huge mark by (some officers) has been overstepped here....
It appears a noisy, emotive, and chaotic scene in a crowded and confined area of a very busy public space, so clearly some public safety issues concerns and officers under pressure.
Sadly nobody is going to come out of this well.

Top Bottom