Let’s talk about BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Strikes work !

Credit to Lineker for drawing attention back to the plight of refugees in his Tweet.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Salty seadog

Well, absolutely, but there's a lot at steak.

serious-football-referee-blowing-whistle-260nw-1953055324.jpg

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Last week a poll of Daily Mail readers showed that 94% of them thought Lineker should be sacked.

No sh*t Sherlock.

This is the paper that constantly wages war on the BBC for being too left wing.

Whereas much of the furore over Lineker's suspension is about the BBC pandering to the right wing.

Go figure.

Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
I think it's a bit deeper than that. I doubt that Kuenssberg chose the tweets herself. She'll just have read what's on the autocue. Questions need to be asked of the programme editorial and research team IMHO.

The same goes for Fiona Bruce - she is wearing an earpiece and has an editorial team on tap to guide her. She has made a statement to the press:-
Announcing her decision on Monday, Bruce said: "Last week on Question Time, I was required to legally contextualise a question about Stanley Johnson.
"Those words have been taken as an expression of my own opinions which they are absolutely not, and as a minimising of domestic abuse, which I would never do.
What she actually said was:-
The presenter faced a criticism after stepping in when Johnson, the father of former Prime Minister Boris, was described as a "wife-beater" on last Thursday's episode of Question Time.
Bruce interjected, telling viewers: "Just so everyone knows what this is referring to, Stanley Johnson's [ex] wife spoke to a journalist, Tom Bower, and she said that Stanley Johnson had broken her nose and that she'd ended up in hospital as a result.
"Stanley Johnson has not commented publicly on that. Friends of his have said it did happen, it was a one-off."
It also amuses me that it is presented as her decision to step back from Refuge and not the decision of Refuge who probably asked her to "step back" until the shootstorm passes.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

And today in parliament, the voice of reason prevails

9m ago14.09 GMT
Sammy Wilson (DUP) says people should no longer have to pay the licence fee. It is a “poll tax on propaganda”, he says.

Lopez says the government is concerned the licence fee is losing public support. It is considering how the BBC should be funded in the long term.

Top Bottom