Let’s talk about BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
The problem for Sunak is that his culture war attack dogs have already entered the fray early on, so to external observers it looks like the government is exerting pressure on the BBC to punish presenters who criticise the government.

When you couple this with Tory entryism into top tier of BBC management it looks very,very bad

You give too much credit to the general public. Remember, these are the people that believed the bus.

I fear that the only victim of this affair will be the BBC as an institution.

multitool

Shaman
Some people believed the bus. Not even 17.4m, I suspect, and there are almost 70m people in the UK.

But, as ever, these things do not exist in stasis. There is a dynamic, and the more that are convinced of something, the more that will go on to be convinced of it. It needs a critical mass and a head of steam, but most of all it is about perception.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Some people believed the bus. Not even 17.4m, I suspect, and there are almost 70m people in the UK.

But, as ever, these things do not exist in stasis. There is a dynamic, and the more that are convinced of something, the more that will go on to be convinced of it. It needs a critical mass and a head of steam, but most of all it is about perception.

I can agree with you on that, facts, are almost irrelevant, it is what people perceive to be true that matters. ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member

It did not need 17.4 million to believe it. I believe the country has never been wholeheartedly behind our membership of the EU and it just needed a couple of million waverers to believe it.

Most political arguments and campaigns aim to convince the middle section of the bell-curve of political opinion.

D

Deleted member 49

From the great Jim Bowen...look what you could have won..
Screenshot_20230312-145543-733.png

D

Deleted member 28

Remember, these are the people that believed the bus.

And the people that got the Tories elected again..........

theclaud

Reading around the chip
And to think that I accompanied both you and Adam on the 2019 Manchester to Llandudno ride. I hadn't realised that I was in such mortal peril.

Also - don't upset Shep - he thinks he's the only one here with a bicycle! 🤫

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom