Levelling up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-67662927.amp

Biggest winner are the consultants . High stakes roulette.

You have to pay well to get the right consultants

politically "the right" means the ones that will come up with the results we want them to come up with

When I was "in I.T." we had quite a few consultants come in to tell us how to do our job

most were rubbish - we could do better on our own just by reading the manual!

C R

Über Member
You have to pay well to get the right consultants

politically "the right" means the ones that will come up with the results we want them to come up with

When I was "in I.T." we had quite a few consultants come in to tell us how to do our job

most were rubbish - we could do better on our own just by reading the manual!

You know the story. There's a farmer tending to his sheep and some guy in a balloon lands in the field.

The guy tells the farmer "if I can tell you exactly how many sheep you have, will you give me one?"

"Sure", says the farmer. So the guy gets his laptop, connects to some survey satellite, runs some spreadsheets and says "you have exactly 56 sheep, and I'll take this one"

"OK" says the farmer "if I guess your job, will you give it back?" Which the guy cockily accepts.

"You're a consultant", says the farmer. "How did you guess?" says the guy a bit deflated.

"It was easy, you arrived unannounced, you told me something I already knew, and you have no clue what you are talking about because you were talking my dog"

Same as it ever was.

IMG_4188.jpeg

D

Deleted member 121

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...d-to-attend-jobcentre-or-risk-losing-benefits

Men in white coats now aiding 'cheating'. DWP are by far the bigger scammer.

Ill people have always been targets. HIstorically, They're less likely to complain and make a fuss and usually wind up "permanently silent" in due course and most people often don't want to think about these things and just carry on allowing it to happen, talking instead about pasty taxes and duty on booze...

ebikeerwidnes

In my opinion Levelling up can be summarised as follows

money going to counsels has been reduced massively over the last 14 years
the Tories want to give some money back because voters have started to notice that it affacts them
But they don;t want wastrel counsels spending it on whatever they want
so they give it back as "Levelling up" which means
a) they can make sure only the "correct" counsels get the money
b) only projects that are "appropriate" get the money - i.e. they have control
c) they then get to claim a large share of the glory from the projects that are delivered

so it is all about keeping control about what counsels can do
and about taking credit for the bits that get done rather than the counsel getting the credit

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
In my opinion Levelling up can be summarised as follows

money going to counsels has been reduced massively over the last 14 years
the Tories want to give some money back because voters have started to notice that it affacts them
But they don;t want wastrel counsels spending it on whatever they want
so they give it back as "Levelling up" which means
a) they can make sure only the "correct" counsels get the money
b) only projects that are "appropriate" get the money - i.e. they have control
c) they then get to claim a large share of the glory from the projects that are delivered

so it is all about keeping control about what counsels can do
and about taking credit for the bits that get done rather than the counsel getting the credit

Yes, the need to increase the education budget

ebikeerwidnes

As I have noted on the budget thread - some of the levelling up fund has been allocated to those in greatest need

Canary Wharf

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom