Levelling up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ditto her in Northampton.

And in Leeds where I was raised.

Tanis8472

Regular
The problem is that people with such attitudes are low-hanging fruit to the right-wing populists and media. IIRCC - Boston was heavily pro-Brexit? How is that sentiment locally now?

Highest vote in the country. Still much the same. They are still not making the connection of inflation and border controls (brexit) causing price rises. I've never seen so many price increases in my working life until now.
Folk are moaning about it like you wouldn't believe.

I've also never seen fields and greenhouses empty of crops before. There are loads at the moment.

You reap what you sow.

D

Deleted member 49

I once went out with a girl from Boston, Lincs. She thought the leader of the Chinese revolution was called Mousey Tongue.
Went to see him embalmed in Beijing once...come to think of it went to see Ho Chi Minh as well.Pretty surreal as I'd have sworn they weren't the real thing but you get hurried along so only a quick glimpse...a girlfriend bought me a pair of Mao nail clippers as a souvenir outside.

C R

Über Member
Len in his box?

I think he means comrade Ulyanov.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
The Welsh 20mph speed limit is excellence in levelling up, saving many lives.

Yet our government is strongly against it.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ar-use-20mph-speed-limit-traffic-camera-fines
The opposite of devolution.
"The transport charity Sustrans said the “plan for motorists”, if introduced, would mean Sunak was yet again failing those people who did not drive or own a car.

A spokesperson said: “Why is the prime minister going out of his way to clog our roads with cars – what kind of legacy is this supposed to leave? What about the 45% of people on low incomes who don’t own a car?

“Prioritising cars in this way serves no one – not pedestrians, not cyclists, not users of public transport. It doesn’t even benefit drivers, who will face more congestion.” "

First the National Trust and even more remarkable, now Sustrans. More editorial work for the Telegraph I imagine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom