Local election posters near you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

@shep

I have shocking news for you - you are not the only person in the world.

I think the same applies to everyone else who posts on this forum so why just address me in this way?

Is it because I have different views to you and you feel you can take liberties as I'm in a minority on here?

Of course it is.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It's because posters are used to demonstrate to swing or tactical voters the strength of feeling towards a particular candidate. So for example, for an anti-Tory voter, knowing that some people will definitely vote Tory makes the poster displays more, not less important, since I can use them to help gauge where my vote is likely to have the most effect.

mudsticks

Squire
It's because posters are used to demonstrate to swing or tactical voters the strength of feeling towards a particular candidate. So for example, for an anti-Tory voter, knowing that some people will definitely vote Tory makes the poster displays more, not less important, since I can use them to help gauge where my vote is likely to have the most effect.
When we were trying to get an indy candidate elected at the last GE posters and boards were a huge part of raising awareness, and directing people to more information.

Lots of people moved what would have been their protest vote - green / libdem / labour to her, as it became more and more apparent that she stood a chance.

For such a thoroughly blue rinsed area we came soo close..

Instead we got a parachuted in, blue rosetted donkey, who has proved predictably useless ever since..
But it wasn't the shoe-in he was expecting.

If boards and posters and fliers didn't work, then they wouldn't be used.

No local elections here atm

mudsticks

Squire
Didn't know about that, interesting stuff. Although the Preston Council website says it's powered by a company called Goss, who are based in Plymouth...
Plymouth has a smaller more specific version of the Preston model, mainly based around food.

Tamar Grow Local, which has been successful in getting good food into low income households, and encouraging small food business start ups .

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Hadn't realised Boris had been up campaigning in my 'hood yesterday.

Unsurprisingly, a gaffe was involved...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/new...s-johnson-confuses-tyneside-teesside-23846502

Nothing massive in the grand scheme of things, but still amusing.

He should have gone to Laura's Fish Bar or Pantrini's: both are miles better than the Whitley Whaler. Or wandered along to Tynemouth and gone to Riley's Fish Shack.

icowden

Legendary Member
It's all kicked off in my area.

Our local Tory Councillor of 23 years (Alan Kopitko) was ousted (deselected) by the local Conservative Party. He's just sent out a letter to advise everyone that the local Cons are backstabbing scoundrels sucking up to Raab and to vote Lib Dem. In return we have then been delivered of a letter from Jonathan Cope, the leader of the local Conservatives saying that Kopitko is a bitter liar pretending to be a Tory and to vote for our Conservative Candidate, a 21 year old girl fresh out of Uni working as an Intern at Westminster (I wonder what the link is between her family and Jonathan Cope)?

I'm not sure I've seen any posters, but the election letters are quite interesting, as is Alan's twitter

https://twitter.com/cllralankopitko?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

FRTubZlXEAE1lHy?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I had 1 Labour bloke knock on my door, but he wasn't the one standing. I've had 2 or 3 leaflets from Labour through the door, and 1 from the Tories. Nothing else.

icowden

Legendary Member
I had 1 Labour bloke knock on my door, but he wasn't the one standing. I've had 2 or 3 leaflets from Labour through the door, and 1 from the Tories. Nothing else.

We've had lots of knocking thanks to the raabplosion in the tory party

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Somerset update. Just got back from a ride in a different direction, Cossington, Sidcot, Ashcott, High Ham loop, only Conservative signs, and maybe no more than 6 in the whole ride.

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Somerset update. Just got back from a ride in a different direction, Cossington, Sidcot, Ashcott, High Ham loop, only Conservative signs, and maybe no more than 6 in the whole ride.

I saw similar out on the Blackdown hills last week.

Nice route btw, I love getting out on the Polden hills!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Local independent flyer just dropped through the door. Same printing details as the Greens I mentioned above.

This guy used to be a Conservative but has become "totally disillusioned with the local Conservative party", which is fair enough.

Unfortunately his flyer looks and reads like a joke advert from Viz.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not seen any posters in windows, etc. We have had flyer from Labour, and, two different “independant” candidates. Never had a “door knock” in 35 years living here. Nothing surprising. Labour has all but 1 seat on Council, they don’t need to try very hard (and, predictably, they don’t). I have binned the flyers (yes, in recycling bin), so, can’t check if they are locally sourced.

Top Bottom