Morons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
We now know cookies redline of protest.

We all have one, you will have one too, but you won't ever tell us because it would ruin your freedom to protest credentials.

No we don't.
Views on acts of protest will be on a sliding scale, a spectrum, an interplay between the extremity of the protest action and the urgency of the cause being promoted.

Fuel protesters bringing the country to a halt in a gammony sulk about a reduction in petrol subsidy? Shoot them all in the face.
Countryside Alliance marching for any of their sordid goals (Subsidise raptor poison, then get orf our land)? Shoot them all in the face. Twice.
But canonise those spunky soup chuckers, and give them free lemon drizzle cake for life.
Even cookie would find sunflower soup digestible if the cause were one he sympathised with and believed urgent enough.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
No we don't.
Views on acts of protest will be on a sliding scale, a spectrum, an interplay between the extremity of the protest action and the urgency of the cause being promoted.

Fuel protesters bringing the country to a halt in a gammony sulk about a reduction in petrol subsidy? Shoot them all in the face.
Countryside Alliance marching for any of their sordid goals (Subsidise raptor poison, then get orf our land)? Shoot them all in the face. Twice.
But canonise those spunky soup chuckers, and give them free lemon drizzle cake for life.
Even cookie would find sunflower soup digestible if the cause were one he sympathised with and believed urgent enough.
So you started your post by saying that we don't all have a red-line when it comes to supporting protests, then you listed your red-lines.

You then ended it by pointing out that if cookie agreed with the protest, then he would be sympathetic, which is exactly what I said.

In other words, we completely agree on this. Happy to have you on board.

Which is my point.

They were not 'morons' when they were disrupting peoples lives and glueing themselves to the roads because @cookiemonster can broadly agree with that. When they throw soup at a painting, they suddenly become 'morons'. We now know cookies redline of protest.

We all have one, you will have one too, but you won't ever tell us because it would ruin your freedom to protest credentials.

I didn't mention anything about red lines. Stop making sh*t up.

But when these groups block roads, the motorway and cause general chaos by smashing up banks and disrupting trains you don't seem to have any issues at all with them. If these groups get support they feel empowered to take things further and this is where they go, and now you think they are 'morons'.

A better example of something only being wrong if you disagree with it could not be posted.

Thank goodness for Craig who diligently stalks monitors other members and their posts to point out the error of their ways!

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I didn't mention anything about red lines. Stop making sh*t up.

I didn't say you did mention red-lines, that was my phrase.

Why is it that you think these protesters are morons, but not others from the same groups?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Thank goodness for Craig who diligently stalks monitors other members and their posts to point out the error of their ways!

Hahaha, here we go. The inevitable circling of the wagons.

Do you think that what someone writes in one thread should be taken in total isolation just on that thread? If someone expresses that protests are ok in whatever form, should they not be challenged when they call protesters morons?

Top Bottom