Morons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Another thread derailed by the Troll in Chief. You did this last week to one of my threads when you accused me of stoking outrage.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/ehJ4vNWRhinhMMvLxp/giphy.gif

I'll just plough on through the personal abuse and try to get somewhere.

So how far do you think that the coalition of Stop Oil should be allowed to go in their protest? Because like I said, you are generally pretty supportive of the right to protest by all sorts of groups, obviously right up until they do something you personally don't agree with, at which point they become morons.

Now for some people that 'moron' line is closer, for others further away. You have found your line (although it may have been closer if you read the Guardian more closely). How does it feel to have reached the point of becoming a right-wing fascist control freak trying to stop legal peaceful protest?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
I wholeheartedly applaud their actions.
Fab gesture, something satisfyingly Warholian about tomato soup being the weapon of choice. Was it Batchelor's do we know?
Takes a lot of nerve to do that sort of stuff, and it's reassuring that not all youth has been anaesthetised by the pabulums and gimcracks of late capitalism.
Painting'll be restorable even if not behind glass, and this episode will simply be another chapter in its 'storied' past.
Bravo, incredibly brave young women in the UK.

Yep, you post something up without thinking it through. You get it pointed out that it isn't quite as you seem, you call me a troll.

What happens @Craig the cyclist is that people post something. You then apply your own thought process so as to take portray them as having said something different accuse the poster of hypocrisy.

You did exactly the same thing to me. I questioned facts around people too long in hospital and you made a completely false parallel about people losing their homes.

To do it once might be a mistake, to do it twice and more looks deliberate.

Whether it's trolling or not it does not advance debate.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
I thought Campbell's was the artists' choice when it came to soup?

You're right, and note how this act of transgressive creativity is already feeding what George Steiner would call a 'visioning' of the established narrative, itself a creative response rather than parasitic commentary.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
What happens @Craig the cyclist is that people post something. You then apply your own thought process so as to take portray them as having said something different accuse the poster of hypocrisy.

You did exactly the same thing to me. I questioned facts around people too long in hospital and you made a completely false parallel about people losing their homes.

To do it once might be a mistake, to do it twice and more looks deliberate.

Whether it's trolling or not it does not advance debate.

There can't be people still unclear about Craig's bad-faith MO, surely?

https://ncap.cyclechat.net/threads/who-cares.35/post-1962

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I don't know why they don't just move the paintings to another room. They're fragile so it would take a bit of careful shifting stuff about, but they would just be left looking silly glued to an empty wall.

D

Deleted member 49

I don't know why they don't just move the paintings to another room. They're fragile so it would take a bit of careful shifting stuff about, but they would just be left looking silly glued to an empty wall.
Good idea....even more publicity !
I think there brave,good on them.Protests should generally inconvenience and annoy.Theres been protests all week on the roads and we haven't heard a thing.Bit of soup thrown at a painting and wow !

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Bit of soup thrown at a painting and wow !
Which is my point.

They were not 'morons' when they were disrupting peoples lives and glueing themselves to the roads because @cookiemonster can broadly agree with that. When they throw soup at a painting, they suddenly become 'morons'. We now know cookies redline of protest.

We all have one, you will have one too, but you won't ever tell us because it would ruin your freedom to protest credentials.

Top Bottom