NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

You do get time to contemplate the big issues out near the boundary-... wonder if Nietsche played?

Wonder if Boris Johnson's batted for the other side...

[Never realised how relevant cricket was to life.]

mudsticks

Squire
You do get time to contemplate the big issues out near the boundary-... wonder if Nietsche played?

Wonder if Boris Johnson's batted for the other side...

[Never realised how relevant cricket was to life.]

Hang on a minute , you were claiming only five minutes (cyber minutes) ago, that you know nothing of cricket.

Next up you'll be waxing all lyrical about the thwack of leather on willow or somesuch.

Maidens bicycling across the misty green..

Ya de ya...

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

Hang on a minute , you were claiming only five minutes (cyber minutes) ago, that you know nothing of cricket.

Next up you'll be waxing all lyrical about the thwack of leather on willow or somesuch.

Maidens bicycling across the misty green..

Ya de ya...
I too stood on the boundary of the school pitch for hours on end idly watching the bees buzz and the flowers grow... makes you think.

I can assure you I have never bowled a maiden over... not even close [Brian Close did - played for Yorkshire]

mudsticks

Squire
I too stood on the boundary of the school pitch for hours on end idly watching the bees buzz and the flowers grow... makes you think.

I can assure you I have never bowled a maiden over... not even close [Brian Close did - played for Yorkshire]

Similarly with rounders.
And hockey.

In fact the further I could get away from the hard and hurty ball the better.

If some others wish to fight with sticks, like hooligans over the thing, well fine..

Since then I've generally tried to stick on those floriferous field margins with the bugs and the bees for evermore.

And very nice it is too.

With the odd skirmish out the valley , now and again...

No idea where that rowdy lot with the sticks ended up..:whistle:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not being a cricket player, I always understood cricket games involved a lot of tea and waiting around to do things.

One of my Pals was/is keen on cricket, he even played in amateur teams. I really enjoyed tagging along, sitting "watching" with a pint or two. Never learned a thing about cricket however ;)

FishFright

Put it this way, if I ever get the power to ban members who come on here just to snipe at others you will be among the first to know....

Luckily that's the last I'll be hearing from you. Even though we live at the other ends of the political I admired your belief and you're reliable representation of government policy but since the brakes came off on here you are just trolling almost all the time for reaction so it's time for you to hang out with the dead dog .

Pale Rider

Veteran
Luckily that's the last I'll be hearing from you. Even though we live at the other ends of the political I admired your belief and you're reliable representation of government policy but since the brakes came off on here you are just trolling almost all the time for reaction so it's time for you to hang out with the dead dog .

Ah, the old anyone with an alternative view must be a troll nonsense.

You actually posted that ?? Looks like the man with super secret links to the mods wants this place shutting down too ...

You accused me of wanting to shut down two forums, what reaction were you expecting, hugs and kisses?

My reply was very mild, yet you are still whining about it.

What caused the closure of the old forum was not people disagreeing with a point of view, it was the personal sniping.

You do whatever you like, but if you make any more stupid, unsubstantiated allegations against me, please don't be surprised if you receive a reply.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I've re-read a number of recent posts and I'm struggling with some of the punchlines.

I suppose architects are not renowned for their sense of humour.

Top Bottom