NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

I don’t know about that. Have you seen some of the buildings they design? ;)
Their clients aren't laughing now...

Robin Banx

IMG-20210924-WA0002.jpg

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
What does Grammarly.com say?

Dear Bronco,

thankyou for your interest in our vacant Dictionary Corner position. As a follower of our show you'll know our remit is to inform and entertain. That you lack lexical rigour, empathic warmth and inclusive humour means we shan't be inviting you to interview; have instead given the post to a sour-tempered stoat with a head injury. A head injury and Tourette's.

We'll keep your application on file. And will get it out from time to time when we need a chuckle. While we concede that your terminally asphyxiating a Cycling sub-forum over years of humourless reactionary shithousery (listed in your 'Achievements') is testament to a certain grim doggedness, it's perhaps not the feather in your cap you imagine it to be?

Nor is 'Gammon' an ethnicity.

Best wishes,

The Countdown Team.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Dear Bronco,

thankyou for your interest in our vacant Dictionary Corner position. As a follower of our show you'll know our remit is to inform and entertain. That you lack lexical rigour, empathic warmth and inclusive humour means we shan't be inviting you to interview; have instead given the post to a sour-tempered stoat with a head injury. A head injury and Tourette's.

We'll keep your application on file. And will get it out from time to time when we need a chuckle. While we concede that your terminally asphyxiating a Cycling sub-forum over years of humourless reactionary shithousery (listed in your 'Achievements') is testament to a certain grim doggedness, it's perhaps not the feather in your cap you imagine it to be?

Nor is 'Gammon' an ethnicity.

Best wishes,

The Countdown Team.

Oh dear, looks like diddums is still upset.

Dry your eyes, you might as well because nothing's going to change.

mudsticks

Squire
'Diddums' made some of us laugh ..

Out loud even, and it takes a bit to make me audibly chortle.

'Sourpuss' that I am ^_^

However I am still trying to work out who 'Bronco' is.??

But I'm sure it will come to me in a bit..
:okay:

They disappeared from the market in 1950. So top marks for remembering, unless your parents bought a lorry load from the closing down sale.... Personally, the scratchy stuff that I remember was Izal Medicated.

It must have been re-introduced as I remember it well into my teens either in rolls or boxes. Izal and Boots own brand were what we had at home but rellies had Bronco.

Similar product was in the bogs at school each sheet endorsed Now Wash Your Hands. WRCC. WRCC was of course the West Riding County Council but we came up with a number of (rude) alternatives in which the the C stood in for female gentilia.

Hard paper was still standard issue on government departments until c1982 when they supplied the soft stuff. We were given strict instructions to use the older stock first...

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, my junior school loo roll had WRCC Now Wash Your Hands Please at the end of every sheet. I think my first public sector job had Izal or equivalent in the '80's, on the grounds that people nicked the soft rolls.

Edit: Thought I'd Google it just to check the wording on the sheet. Lo and behold, a roll of said paper is listed as an artefact in the collection of Goole Museum. Sadly no photo. They say the text was in green, thought I felt sure it was red. At least the scratchinesss made you use it sparingly instead of creating a baseball mit sized wad like we do these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom