NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Squire

Genuine question, why does Mrs Brown's Boys get so much stick?
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
Genuine question, why does Mrs Brown's Boys get so much stick?

Maybe because some people genuinely find it funny, with everyone else utterly bemused by why anyone finds it in the least bit funny (especially in the 2020s)? Though I'll admit my exposure was limited to about 15 minutes of one episode, having been told by a friend it was hilarious.
 

Pblakeney

Shaman
Maybe because some people genuinely find it funny, with everyone else utterly bemused by why anyone finds it in the least bit funny (especially in the 2020s)? Though I'll admit my exposure was limited to about 15 minutes of one episode, having been told by a friend it was hilarious.

I must admit to finding it funny live in the early days. The joke soon wore off though.
They should have taken their cue from the 2 series (12 episodes total) of Fawlty Towers. Cash talks though.
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
Genuine question, why does Mrs Brown's Boys get so much stick?

It's a bit of an acquired taste. I only watched a couple, from series 1 I think. It's like a 70s sitcom with crass stereotyped characters, especially the gay one. It's done with affection for the tradition of mad but loveable Irish mamies, I'll give it that, but you could see the jokes coming a mile off. Maybe the later ones are better.

I don't mind a bit of silly, retro, see-the-joke-coming comedy (eg Miranda) but I couldn't find MBBs worth persevering with.
 
Top Bottom