Nicola Sturgeon Arrested

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Least she got to ride in a nee naa

Screenshot_20230615_210711_Facebook.jpg

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Fake, in case you didn't already know. :okay:

Xipe Totec

The more you look, the more the former SNP independence idol has feet of clay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66434333

It's OK, you can stop kicking. Your team has won, the SNP & the dream of Scottish self-determination is finished, and the Evil Witch Sturgeon is dead.

So calm down - there's no way back for Scotland, so do stop kicking.

You're just getting slimy corpse muck all over your nice, expensive pumps. :smile:

Pale Rider

Veteran
It's OK, you can stop kicking. Your team has won, the SNP & the dream of Scottish self-determination is finished, and the Evil Witch Sturgeon is dead.

So calm down - there's no way back for Scotland, so do stop kicking.

You're just getting slimy corpse muck all over your nice, expensive pumps. :smile:

Relax.

It's only yet another politician who has gathered extensive public support only to severely disappoint in the end.

Xipe Totec

Relax.

It's only yet another politician who has gathered extensive public support only to severely disappoint in the end.

I'm genuinely curious - why are you disappointed? I would have assumed that, in her pomp, she was the absolute antithesis of everything someone with your apparent attitudes and views would want.

Or are you assuming disappointment on behalf of others?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm definitely not disappointed by Nicola Sturgeon. She did more good for Scotland than any politician I can think of. I'd like to see Mhairi Black become leader one day.

Xipe Totec

I'm definitely not disappointed by Nicola Sturgeon.

Me neither. But I suspect the BBC's petty little list of trivial, spurious gotchas & SNPBADs is aimed, err, elsewhere, as they tend to be. Which will be why it's managed to permeate the consciousness of the terminally oblivious & ended up posted here.

Pale Rider

Veteran
But I suspect the BBC's petty little list of trivial, spurious gotchas

Cumulatively, there is a significant apparent waste of public money.

I suspect most parties in power are at it to a greater or lesser extent.

But I hope you are not indulging in the typical muddled thinking on here.

"Dodgy dealing is OK for Sturgeon because I like her."

Xipe Totec

"Dodgy dealing is OK for Sturgeon because I like her."
I can't really identify with that statement as I've never met her.

I like what she & her her party have done for Scotland, because I live there. Compared to parts of England where I've lived or that I know well, it is a more tolerant, open & welcoming place.

Give people the opportunity to blag a freebie here & there & freebies will be blagged. What 'Scottish' Labour is accusing the Scottish Govt & Civil Service of is pitifully trivial compared to the ongoing excesses of Johnson/Truss/Sunak-era Tory fraud, corruption and flagrant spending.

I don't follow your posts particularly enthusiastically but I have absolutely no doubt you will have expressed your outrage and disappointment over their relentless misuse of public money in suitably robust terms.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The memes didn't take long.

View attachment 4374

Defending waste of public money by pointing out that someone else has wasted public money is not really productive IMHO, as you indicate, it is a speciality of Politicians of all Parties.

Without even resorting to Google, we could dredge up:

- Command and Control Centres (John Prescott)
- Scottish Ferries
- Edinburgh Tram system
- Garden Bridge

Incidentally, I am a fan of Nicola, she was very effective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom