Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our New neighbours (Margo and Jerry), bedecked the front of their house with bunting. I asked Jerry who the celebration was for and he replied "the Queen" At thus point my ADHD beat me to it and I said "ah yes, I heard she'd died...." which apparently's a bit rude.
Anyhow, who erects bunting for a funeral?*

*apart from Margo and Jerry obvs....

Devon....

20220918_160036.jpg

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Our New neighbours (Margo and Jerry), bedecked the front of their house with bunting. I asked Jerry who the celebration was for and he replied "the Queen" At thus point my ADHD beat me to it and I said "ah yes, I heard she'd died...." which apparently's a bit rude.
Anyhow, who erects bunting for a funeral?*

*apart from Margo and Jerry obvs....

I should imagine that it is reassuring to have a diagnosis to fall back on isn't it? Although in my experience ADHD is actually no excuse for being a cunt.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
That's the sort of post that makes people wonder whether you're trolling.

Do you think that using a medical diagnosis as an excuse for bad behaviour is useful? ADHD does not make a sufferer lie to other people, and he knows the Queen is dead. And remember he didn't think he was being funny and joking, he has told us it was his ADHD that made him do it.

Maybe you could think for a moment if I am trolling, then have another moment to think how posting that 'his ADHD got the better of him' could impact upon the general other sufferers and how they may be seen. My experience of ADHD is that it isn't something which just pops up, it is there all the time. Maybe Foodie has a newly diagnosed kind, but I am pretty sure I am correct.

You will no doubt tell us that this is a quiet back-water of the internet where our views don't matter and he was obviously joking blah blah. I am pretty sure that if I started to make comments about his diagnosis then you would be on me like a ton of bricks saying it is a serious condition and that it shouldn't be joked about wouldn't you?

Still, you just keep having a pop at me.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
As does its weird camp follower.

And tbf, as does the post that follows it.

And I just don't understand this one :wacko:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And I just don't understand this one :wacko:

I can answer that for you, (the first line) with a degree of certainty. ;)

I put a "laugh" on your post.

For some reason, several posters appear to have a fixation, regarding my "like", or "laugh" selections.

To explain (not that I feel I need to):

I don't normally enjoy seeing bad language, in a post, although, it is fairly endemic on here (not from you), and, at least one of those who quibbled at your post is a regular offender.

In this instance, despite the language, I thought the riposte "quick", and, I found it amusing. It doesn't mean that I agree with your assertion that @Fab Foodie is a c*nt, by the way, I generally find him quite a likeable fellow, I even sometimes agree with his comments. Although, I have never met him "in the flesh" so to speak.

In general, as I have explained before, I regularly attach a "like" or a "laugh" to posts which buck the trend (ie echo chamber), it doesn't necessarily mean that I like/approve/agree, although, sometime I do. I just feel that the very few dissenting voices need as much encouragement as possible.

The second line I leave to @Rusty Nails , to enlighten you on, if he so wishes.

I trust that is clear now, and, meets with your approval.

PS. How did you get it past the swear filter?, my effort was changed to "daffodil" until I substituted * for u?

Last edited:
Do you think that using a medical diagnosis as an excuse for bad behaviour is useful? ADHD does not make a sufferer lie to other people, and he knows the Queen is dead. And remember he didn't think he was being funny and joking, he has told us it was his ADHD that made him do it.
I read it as an explanation for responding impulsively or speaking out of turn.

Explanations are not the same thing as excuses.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It is quite clear if you actually look at the post that followed the post in question by CtC.

Yes. I didn’t say I didn’t think I knew, I said I would leave it to you to enlighten Craig. If you don’t wish to, that is your choice. I didn’t expect you too, so, not surprised.

Top Bottom