Normal Island

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Are food banks open seven days a week?
Not around here. Two hours once or twice a week is the norm.

stowie

20220914_151631.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Are food banks open seven days a week?
In London they're mostly only open a couple of times a week but they work as a network with different banks open on different days, which means there's a smaller chance of not being able to respond to emergencies. Local coverage is poor on Saturday and Sunday but weekdays are covered. Because there's little for the weekend, the greatest need will be immediately after the day when they do not open. Which, surprise, surprise, happens to be a Monday.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I suspect a few of these 'closed out of respect' notices aren't genuine, but printed off and then posted on Twitter to wind people up. Quite funny though.

I don't get the British Cycling one. As far as I'm aware noone has even been asked to stop organised amateur sporting events, let alone stop recreational sport in your own free time. And why would you take advice on such a thing from your sporting body anyway? Noone will be asking the FA if it's appropriate for kids to play footy in their back garden during the funeral.

stowie

I don't get the British Cycling one. As far as I'm aware noone has even been asked to stop organised amateur sporting events, let alone stop recreational sport in your own free time. And why would you take advice on such a thing from your sporting body anyway? Noone will be asking the FA if it's appropriate for kids to play footy in their back garden during the funeral.

The local league FA has branded a football match played the last Saturday as - and I quote - "despicable".

Who played this football match that brought such disrepute to the game, and possibly the country. Big league football teams who valued gate receipts over honouring the Queen? Err no. Sheffield International FC and Byron House played a friendly match after they were told they could not play a league match in the Sheffield and District Fair Play League.

Instead of just ignoring it, they appear to have gone balls out on the condemnation and vowed a furious vengeance on the two teams, which has made Sheffield International FC somewhat of a social media star.

I did some twitter searching on Sheffield International FC - and saw they tweeted this. Which makes me like them quite a lot.

View: https://twitter.com/SheffInterFC/status/1569357378381910017

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The Sheffield International FC Twitter account has been removed.

Murky times indeed.

Mark my words, the deep state is involved.

It did get removed a few days ago and then reinstated so maybe it shall return.

Top Bottom