North Shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

No, because if he had he may have been PM now.
I'll bite one more time for those that championed Starmer....
Labour are electable again so please vote Lib Dem 🙄 Is that about right ? Labour has come second in that seat on every by election since 2010.
But Corbyns gone and I do admire your optimism.Im just a bit miffed you couldn't have just come out with "Corbyn loses North Shropshire for Labour " seems more apt ?

Cirrus

I'll bite one more time for those that championed Starmer....
Labour are electable again so please vote Lib Dem 🙄 Is that about right ? Labour has come second in that seat on every by election since 2010.
But Corbyns gone and I do admire your optimism.Im just a bit miffed you couldn't have just come out with "Corbyn loses North Shropshire for Labour " seems more apt ?
Not at all, I'm pretty disappointed in Starmer but pleased with the North Shropshire result, perhaps the informal working together is the way forward.

My annoyance with Corbyn is that his hubris allowed Boris a massive majority, Boris was swinging in the wind and being pummeled by all and sundry, he practically begged Corbyn for an election and the silly old fart walked straight in to the trap

D

Deleted member 49

Not at all, I'm pretty disappointed in Starmer but pleased with the North Shropshire result, perhaps the informal working together is the way forward.

My annoyance with Corbyn is that his hubris allowed Boris a massive majority, Boris was swinging in the wind and being pummeled by all and sundry, he practically begged Corbyn for an election and the silly old fart walked straight in to the trap
Some of us didn't fall for all that shite...shame.

IanSmithCSE

Good morning,

I listened to Helen Morgan's acceptance speech and she half managed to turned success into failure.

The speech came across as something written by a student for a student union meeting, the insults to BJ and Shropshire having spoken for the country reinforced my view that the Lib Dems are as a party self important people who are out of touch with anyone who is not a comfortably well off middle class person.

It didn't help that it was delivered poorly, it sounded like she was reading something that she was seeing for the first time.

Ed Davey managed to finish the job off with We've brought new hope to the whole nation

Whatever your views on the Conservative Party and BJ and for some people they are different, it is mind blowingly arrogant to suggest that there are not many people who like one or both. These are the sort of remarks that can make people who think, okay let's give the Lib Dems a chance think again.

Although I will be glad when BJ goes and we get a proper Conservative PM I would never suggest that my view applies to Lib Dem and Labour voters. The Lib Dems are like GB News, they don't realise that they are the problem that they claim to be solving.:smile:

Bye

Ian

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Sick transit Gloria, but it is a little spot of Christmas cheer for the time being.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Looks like a mixture of a protest vote and tactical voting. Tory voters can't bring themselves to vote Labour, but they can stomach voting LibDem. Labour voters know they can't win the seat outright, but they can vote LibDem and get the Tory out.

For once I agree with Pale Rider. Always good to see a government with a large majority getting a reminder from the electorate about how things can change.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
On line two someone with an amusingly named gerbil.
Lots of people name their gerbil Boris.

Anyway I was glad to see Tory party hypocrisy and arrogance has been suitable rewarded at the polls. How much difference it will make I'm not sure, as the Lib Dems are hardly an alternative govt in waiting, more a place to go to register a protest. If Labour had won it would have been different.

Ian H

Guru
Anyone remember AJP Taylor laughing helplesssly on Robin Day's Question Time as a pompous Tory back-bencher explained how momentous a by-election result was?
"Alan Taylor, do you want to say something?"
"No! I just want to laugh!"

[from memory]

Top Bottom