Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Operations tomorrow at the Royal Devon & Exeter cancelled* because of 'extreme pressure on beds'. Plymouth and Cornwall apparently even worse off.

*They rang to tell me and apologise

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
With the passing of John Bird, a lot of clips have been resurfacing. Here's one making a point about the Euroskeptic members of the Tory party and their attitudes.

BSE reference dates it, this was made in 1996.

View: https://youtu.be/f6a_weyzkY4

D

Deleted member 49

I know this is just random twitterati: but I think it's a good showing of how many people might be out there in FAVOUR of rejoining. A guy with 80k followers admits he farked up, and a lot of replies say the same:

View: https://twitter.com/simonharris_mbd/status/1611822426240831490?t=67-egwMMfaPOQIEf-9y-6g&s=19

Could Labour at least acknowledge it...yes.But we're not re joining anytime soon as far as I can an see.
Starmer won’t rejoin EU, Single Market or Customs Union.He doesn’t even support FOM.Once in power he's going to magically produce a fantastic new trade deal or such...we just don't know how yet.
So no matter who thinks it's a great idea it isn't happening.Personally speaking to focus on Brexit provides a great alibi for all the other causes of the sh1te we're in...things were bad well before Brexit in this country.

46E2FEE6-0CA1-4CA6-A0B4-0AB74D3B34A0.jpeg

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...chain-is-beset-by-supply-chain-issues-341604/

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I understand a little of the complexity of the current egg shortage - avian flu, price disputes - and it’s not entirely Brexit related.

I remain amused at the thought of ‘spoons breakfast regulars frothing that their Full English is now a Partial European and needing an apology.

Well I dunno about that Newfy..

I voted remain and I've got oodles of eggs* here..

Correlation or causation 🧐

*Although I do have to keep the hens under specially constructed netting runs, and the price of their bought in feed has risen by about 30% .
I had to put the price of a box of eggs up by same a couple of months back, and no one seems to have stopped buying them.

They are darned tasty as well of course 😋

icowden

Legendary Member
I understand a little of the complexity of the current egg shortage - avian flu, price disputes - and it’s not entirely Brexit related.
Very little is entirely Brexit related, but Brexit makes things that would be difficult - significantly worse. Where we used to have an agreement with our neighbours that we could buy stuff from them easily at cost, we have done the equivalent of telling them to go f*ck themselves and then act surprised when we have to pay import tariffs and complete paperwork.

We have made life harder for the UK to do business. This is unequivocal. The only people who disagree are Tory Politicians who are pretending that everything is fine because they are profiting somewhere down the line.

Avian flu and the cost of Electricity is the key driver of the egg shortage. The cost of electricity is affected by our withdrawal from the IEM and other platforms that make trade of power easier and cheaper. So when prices go up, we get shafted. National Grid priced the cost of leaving the IEM at 500 million per year and that's before you get into the cost of access to pan-European balancing services. Add to that the Government's unwillingness to help business with power costs now that they have caused a crisis and it's not worth paying to raise the chickens. So fewer eggs unless we import which now comes with an import tariff, pushing the cost of eggs up.

Eggs get more expensive, which adds to the drivers of inflation.

Sadly until we get rid of these utter f*ckwits running the country we will continue to have to suck it up and cut down on omelettes.

Top Bottom