Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why didn't anyone warn us about this, say, 6 years ago? :rolleyes:

https://www.cer.eu/insights/cost-brexit-june-2022

5.5% drop in GDP between 2018 and June 2022. That's a helluva drop in just 4 years,.

icowden

Legendary Member
But we are now free to ignore human rights regulations and treat foreigners as subhuman, which was the point all along, so mission accomplished.
Yeah. Bl**dy foreigners, coming over here, staffing our hospitals, paying our taxes and boosting our GDP. Who do they think they are eh?
At least we can keep 'em out now...

Now why can't I get a GP appointment, and why is my partner stuck on a stretcher outside A&E?

Yeah. Bl**dy foreigners, coming over here, staffing our hospitals, paying our taxes and boosting our GDP. Who do they think they are eh?
At least we can keep 'em out now...

Now why can't I get a GP appointment, and why is my partner stuck on a stretcher outside A&E?

And you forgot the dent in EU tourism, so now they can't even be bothered to come over here and just spend their money!

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment

C'est une réalisation historique, to coin a phrase.

Shouldn't it be UK business? On the way to Britain during the summer I was struck whilst waiting in an unending queue at the port at the new UK stickers on cars. What was wrong with GB, and why did they have to be three times the size? Sending a message that the UK is now independent? Seemed to me to be embarrassingly childish.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Shouldn't it be UK business? On the way to Britain during the summer I was struck whilst waiting in an unending queue at the port at the new UK stickers on cars. What was wrong with GB, and why did they have to be three times the size? Sending a message that the UK is now independent? Seemed to me to be embarrassingly childish.

It was something I too had noticed, but it seems HM Government decided to register UK and not GB as its international for traffic. So number plates with GB and the stars of Europe should be removed when driving in Europe.
The official sticker size is 18cms wide and 13.3cms tall. Although oddly, at least driving in most of Europe, if you have UK and the Union Flag on your number plate, that it seems is acceptable. However, when you reach the borders of Spain, Malta or Cyprus, your UK number plate is not acceptable and you have to fit one of the offensively sized stickers.

Last edited:

UK includes NI, that was the idea behind changing the identifier on cars...to be more 'inclusive'. It's the kind of things that governments do to show the world we're not falling apart....
NI is Shroedingers Europe, both simultaneously in and out.
I should have written UK as that's what the article states, but somehow wrote GB...must be my subconscious talking....

C R

Über Member

The bit I found interesting was that businesses think that the UKCA mark is pointless and want to keep using the CE mark. It would have been obvious to anyone with involvement in manufacturing that creating a UK mark was pointless and counterproductive. Such a measure has only negative effects on businesses and eventually on people's livelihoods. It was clear from the beginning that it was only a rabble rousing policy.

icowden

Legendary Member
The bit I found interesting was that businesses think that the UKCA mark is pointless and want to keep using the CE mark. It would have been obvious to anyone with involvement in manufacturing that creating a UK mark was pointless and counterproductive.
Yep. It's a bit like Rees-Mogg bangin on about making pounds and ounces legal to use. No-one wants this.

Top Bottom