People who should resign...or failing that, fired....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

What kind of world are we living in ?? :sad:

The real one. One in which people lack empathy and common courtesy towards fellow humankind. A bit like Yorkshire Cricket Club saying outright racism was 'friendly banter'.
Well the mayor Lori Lightfoot already declared war and all the deaths on racism, but she was quickly blasted for that because according to people living there is more down to gangs then it is to racism, maybe that's also why it is mainly black on black crime or robberies, but racism does it better in the media nowadays. So go ahead and hijack this topic for your outrage about something a cricket guy said years ago, very important indeed

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Well the mayor Lori Lightfoot already declared war and all the deaths on racism, but she was quickly blasted for that because according to people living there is more down to gangs then it is to racism, maybe that's also why it is mainly black on black crime or robberies, but racism does it better in the media nowadays. So go ahead and hijack this topic for your outrage about something a cricket guy said years ago, very important indeed
The chair of YCCC has resigned over the matter so it's kind of relevant to the title of the thread.

One hears very little of 'white on white' crime...

Moodyman

The chair of YCCC has resigned over the matter so it's kind of relevant to the title of the thread.

He resigned due to the focus of the media and the ECB. The Chairman did no wrong as the events took place prior to his appointment. However, in the summer YCC management (of which he was the leader) accepted racists incidents took place (after heavy pressure by the ECB for them to release findings of their internal review) and concluded no action would be taken against any individuals. The governing bodies felt this was unacceptable and hence the ongoing pressure.

Previously YCC brushed off the players concerns as 'friendly banter'.

So, yes, the YCC example is very relevant.

Pale Rider

Veteran
The burger bloke coughed the job and apologised.

I'm not sure he should also resign.

I assumed it was about the article linked in the first post, so there is my reply based on. considering this is about the us you can just pull up those numbers, in the us white on white crime is much lower than black on black crime, or white on black crime etc.
The Macdonals manager is thus blaming the parents for the fact their children are lured into gang life, which isn't really fair in my eyes.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Top Bottom