Politicising Criminals to leverage in the Fascist State

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The initial issue with Worboys wasn't so much a hue and cry about his offending as the fact that (a) his victims were not advised and (b) it was unusual to grant parole so soon after a prisoner was first eligible.
Yeah, so like I said, it wasn't the Daily Mail and The Sun that drove the calls, which is the point I was answering.

Why not agree with my point rather than try and make it out that I was saying something I wasn't? I said this.......
I seem to remember that it wasn't those outlets calling loudest for the Warboys decision to be overturned.
which you appear to agree with.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
I seem to remember that it wasn't those outlets calling loudest for the Warboys decision to be overturned.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5235813/John-Warboys-freed-prison.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53781...ab-rapist-release-latest-ministers-drop-plan/
and for balance
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jan/04/black-cab-rapist-john-worboys-released-prison

I will agree with you that the initial "fury" seems to have been from Yvette Cooper and the chief executive of women's sexual and domestic violence charity, although both talk about what he was alleged to have done and not what he was convicted for - which is what the Parole board have to review. The egging on is done by the Murdoch press.

A bigger question is why additional information was not submitted to the Parole board.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

Well, yes they reported it, so did The Mirror, The Independent, The Observer shall I carry on?

Now you also said that
In Warboys case, the parole decision was based on what he had been sentenced for and whether he was safe for release.
Can you tell us which decisions the parole make that do not consider if someone is safe to be released?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
All of their decisions are aimed at keeping the public safe!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Shouldn't that be on the humour thread?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Shouldn't that be on the humour thread?
Dear god, take it up with the Parole board. All of their decisions are made with a view to protecting the public.

"The Parole Board is an independent body that carries out risk assessments on prisoners to determine whether they can be safely released into the community."

https://why-me.org/wp-content/uploa...or-Restorative-services-and-practitioners.pdf

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Dear god, take it up with the Parole board. All of their decisions are made with a view to protecting the public.
You didn't refer to the Parole board. You linked your comment directly to my comment about Raab and Braverman. The idea that they do anything with a view to protecting the public is ludicrous. Their decisions are solely about lining their own pockets.

Top Bottom