Poppies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Having looked at the BBC and the graun, they both seem to be concentrating on the peace march and the police operation around it. I imagine the others will just ignore the far right antics as well, but I will leave it to braver souls to check.

As usual, Braverman got the wrong end of the stick, and it is again clear that far right actions are much more lightly policed than anyone else's.

I know, it was a figure of speech. What I wanted to highlight is that, contrary to freeze peach proponents claims, policing of far right events is much more permissive than at any other events.

Not in this case, according to the news of arrests and containment of the far right crowd whose only aim is to disrupt and cause trouble.

Mr Celine

As it was armistice day I paid a visit to this memorial to the everlasting memory of two most famous battle casualties.
20231111_122400.jpg

20231111_122254.jpg

C R

Über Member
CLEARLY the pro-palestinian protest has become a problems as there have been bottle and other "missiles" thrown at Police
and - at last count - 82 people arrested

CLEARLY the fault of the Palestinians

I know this as it is CLEARLY reported in the SUN - I have actually read the WHOLE HEADLINE

CENOTAPH CHAOS

Eighty-two protesters arrested after mob hurls missiles at cops in Cenotaph chaos as pro-Palestinian march begins​

Funny thing is that I am also watching the BBC and have looked at several other newspaper website - sorry - several newspaper websites - which all seem to say specifically that ALL the problems and ALL the arrests are not from the pro-Palestinian protest
But are from a far-right counter protest

and the Cenotaph and the 2 minute silence have not been affected

but there you are
Th Guardian
The Independent
The BBC
(OK - that list kinda shows by bias)

are all giving the wrong impression as we can clearly rely on the sun to give us the right way to think
just like they did in 1989

And even the BBC reporting is far from ideal, as it links the arrests to the march, even though most of the trouble was nowhere near the march.

OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
And even the BBC reporting is far from ideal, as it links the arrests to the march, even though most of the trouble was nowhere near the march.

Well in terms of analysis and factual reporting, it is very unlikely the trouble would have occurred in the absence of the peace march.

But I also understand your point!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

What exactly is ideal reporting? It would be disingenuous not to link the arrests to the march as that is both the context and the pretext for the violence. Without the overwhelmingly peaceful march the far right thugs would not be there and they were stopped by the police from getting near to the march. Everything I have read and watched on the BBC news makes it clear where the violence comes from.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
CLEARLY the pro-palestinian protest has become a problems as there have been bottle and other "missiles" thrown at Police
and - at last count - 82 people arrested

CLEARLY the fault of the Palestinians

I know this as it is CLEARLY reported in the SUN - I have actually read the WHOLE HEADLINE

CENOTAPH CHAOS

Eighty-two protesters arrested after mob hurls missiles at cops in Cenotaph chaos as pro-Palestinian march begins​

Funny thing is that I am also watching the BBC and have looked at several other newspaper website - sorry - several newspaper websites - which all seem to say specifically that ALL the problems and ALL the arrests are not from the pro-Palestinian protest
But are from a far-right counter protest

and the Cenotaph and the 2 minute silence have not been affected

but there you are
Th Guardian
The Independent
The BBC
(OK - that list kinda shows by bias)

are all giving the wrong impression as we can clearly rely on the sun to give us the right way to think
just like they did in 1989

The Mail also tried to put the blame on the Palestine marchers.

C R

Über Member
What exactly is ideal reporting? It would be disingenuous not to link the arrests to the march as that is both the context and the pretext for the violence. Without the overwhelmingly peaceful march the far right thugs would not be there and they were stopped by the police from getting near to the march. Everything I have read and watched on the BBC news makes it clear where the violence comes from.

Factual reporting would be to say that far right groups forced their way through the police cordon around the Cenotaph, on its own headline.

Top Bottom