Poppies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
I just heard a Tory MP describe 11th November as a “National Day of Mourning”

It quite clearly isn’t anything of the sort.

Every single word.

IMG_4003.jpeg

Beebo

Veteran
It’s sad that for some the poppy, like the St George flag, has been lost to the far right.

They do seem to want to ruin everything.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-legion-palestine-protest-row-b2445116.html

I'm sure the gammon will be enraged.

Maybe they might reflect on the fact that they don't speak for anyone.

That of course is true of most, if not all organisations/religous groups, and, most, if not all individuals

multitool

Shaman
That of course is true of most, if not all organisations/religous groups, and, most, if not all individuals

I meant the gammon don't speak for anyone.

It is bizarre that the hard-right think that they are the natural guardians of the memory of the fallen. Why is this? It makes no sense, other than as a facet of right-wing fetishisation of the military and all that goes with it. At the endpoint of that continuum lies the Nazis.

They genuinely assume that the British Legion share their views, hence bullshit from actual morons like our cherished AndyCXR who thinks he speaks for others.

Turns out the British Legion thinks he's a prick too.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I meant the gammon don't speak for anyone.

It is bizarre that the hard-right think that they are the natural guardians of the memory of the fallen. Why is this? It makes no sense, other than as a facet of right-wing fetishisation of the military and all that goes with it. At the endpoint of that continuum lies the Nazis.

They genuinely assume that the British Legion share their views, hence bullshit from actual morons like our cherished AndyCXR who thinks he speaks for others.

Turns out the British Legion thinks he's a prick too.

I know what you meant.

I was simply pointing out that this is true of more than the "gammons", which you then proceed to confirm with your usual eloquence.

Top Bottom